Metal Gear Online going offline. What 360 games had their online disabled?

Besides the EA server games.....

The 1st game that comes to mind is Chromehounds (Sega).

What is the oldest game you still play on XBL?

And is there a game you enjoy so much that you may be playing by the time they shut the servers down?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 8 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

[quote user="CollapseControl"]What is the oldest game you still play on XBL?[/quote]

Halo 3.

[quote user="CollapseControl"]And is there a game you enjoy so much that you may be playing by the time they shut the servers down?[/quote]

Halo: Reach.

Most Host/ Client Games from day one of the Xbox 360 still play Online. It's just EA and their Dedicated Servers. For example, pop in a Copy of Perfect Dark and have fun (that is if you can find anyone who still plays).

server shutdown doesnt bother me really. i mean, it sucks to find out that you'll never 1000 Complete an older game because the servers were put to sleep, but... i'm not the type of person to dwell in a dead, small beans online comunity when something bigger and better is out. Like Halo 3, i'm sure it is different enough from Reach and all... but nobody should still be playing it online by the time Halo 6 hits the shelves.--that's just unable to let go.

Most of the MGS4 features have been down for a while. While I beat MGS4 about 18 times, I never really got into MGO.

Might've been different story had the registration and update downloading process not been such a nightmare...

Dead or Alive 4

[quote user="isturbo1984"]

server shutdown doesnt bother me really. i mean, it sucks to find out that you'll never 1000 Complete an older game because the servers were put to sleep, but... i'm not the type of person to dwell in a dead, small beans online comunity when something bigger and better is out. Like Halo 3, i'm sure it is different enough from Reach and all... but nobody should still be playing it online by the time Halo 6 hits the shelves.--that's just unable to let go.

[/quote]that will be your opinion though, I like to play the older games every so often, it is fun and different. and I will be playing Halo 3 again later this year even after halo 4 comes out. I even have the odd game on perfect dark zero as there is a steady amount of gamers on there.

A lot of 2K servers were shut down such as NHL 2k6 and now Phantasy Star Universe will be shut down in the next 3 months.

Call of Duty 2

I will be playing Super Street Fighter 4 AE online until they shut the servers down. It not likely to happen soon thats just my answer.

These are the oldest games I play on XBL from time to time. Its not often but I keep them for their online.

RainbowSixVegas 2

GRAW 2

Halo 3

I heard the online was horrible.  Fortunately Metal Gear isn't just some shooter or sports game that's all about the online.