Metacritic Users Strike Back.

And I thought Modern Warfare 3 was the only Blockbuster popular to obtain the strongest negative response from the Metacritic user-based score...

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

People really are just awful.

It's because of the leaks to the story and the issue with importing your Shepard.

-

Folk are understandably upset and Dragon Age II looms at the back of their mind.

It's unjustified.  I've only played up until the first time you go to the Citidel and lots and lots of the multiplayer, but I see no signs that this game deserves a 7 let alone a 1.5.  What they are doing is pure jackassism.

To copy & paste my reply from the ME3 Forum:

-

"Ok lets be fair here, Metacritic is awful when it comes to user reviews. It's rarely reviews anyway.

-

They're usually from a bunch of gamers who are from some group (/v/) who act on "mob mentality" rather than think for themselves or are way too critical and get way too personal. Or let things like Origin or the Day 1 DLC completely overwrite anything else in the game. With the From Ashes DLC, as much as I dislike the idea of it and how it could affect the market, unless it has a giant, giant influence on the games quality, it shouldn't be a deciding factor in the review.

-

On the other side, you have the typical fanboys for the series or developer who will defend their god till the very end.

-

Hence why we mostly see either 0s and 1s or 9s and 10s in user reviews. Just the extreme of both sides. They're not actually reviewing the game, they're just venting one way or the other.

-

With ME2, I found ME1 to be more my liking with more focus on RPG elements and what I think is a better, smarter main storyline. But that didn't stop me from playing ME2 through multiple playthroughs and enjoy it a lot.

-

People just need to loosen up a bit. If we all go bat sh*t crazy over every game for any reason, then devs and publishers are going to listen to us less and less when we actually have something valid to say."

Was your post taken well....or were you crucified?

Man, I thought THOUSANDS voted.......pfft!

All in the name of videogames.

I'm not suprised people are up in arms about ME3, but this metacritic bombing stuff is just tiresome...

Looks like a lot of people have a case of the "umadbro?"

Im liking Me3..like alot right now.