Messing with Player owned cars makes you a "Bad Player"

I find it extremely odd that a game that is essentially about the theft and/or wanton destruction of cars, will penalize players for the destruction of other players cars.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

In one hand it is kind of weird being punished for doing what the game implies to do, yet in the other hand it sucks being in a lobby with a person or persons that solely go around grieving everyone in the room.

-

You can play however you want to play, but if you become a "bad sport" then you will just be pooled together with other bad sports, and if you play fair then you will be pooled with others that play the same.

It just sucks that sometimes it can't be avoided.  When you get into a firefight with other players, whip out a rocket launcher to defend yourself, and suddenly you find yourself being put in the bad player pool.  Hopefully there is some sort of cool down or something when it comes to crap like that.

maybe dont use a weapon that has an explosive radius next time? lol

I don't know. I've had zero issues with other Players and either my Car or theirs. After all Full Insurance on my own car negates any actions I would have to take when someone takes my car. Most of the time I just let them leave and go do a Mission or Race or Deathmatch and it's magically back in brand new condition without even needing to use any Insurance.

So far my cars has only been Impounded once (my own fault) and destroyed once (again my own fault). The cars you own are kinda like the GTA Story Character owned cars, they always come back in 100% perfect condition (minus Impound or destruction) after any Join of Load. I'm not going to worry about Bad Rep from that.

The Bad Rep that kinda sucks so far is the one you get when you get when MP Locks-ups and or gets Disconnected from the Servers. When you get back and it states "Leaving will give you Bad Rep", I was like seems fair, the Server doesn't let me continue and it's my fault?

Is there list of some sort that determines what makes you a good player or a bad player?  It's quite annoying to be in a game trying to do stuff and have random people keep running you over with cars and not being able to revenge?

[quote user="Ix TRIGMATIC xI"]

Is there list of some sort that determines what makes you a good player or a bad player?  It's quite annoying to be in a game trying to do stuff and have random people keep running you over with cars and not being able to revenge?

[/quote]Just let it go. There is no need for "revenge". Everyone always gets to come back from the dead. All you do by going after them is waste your own time. When you get Bounty Unlocked (unless you already have it), just use that for "revenge".

[quote user="LostKauz"]

[/quote]Just let it go. There is no need for "revenge". Everyone always gets to come back from the dead. All you do by going after them is waste your own time. When you get Bounty Unlocked (unless you already have it), just use that for "revenge".

[/quote]

I understand that, but when I'm in a game and getting hit by a car ever 3 minutes, I don't want to have to change worlds because the passive mode doesn't work...

If I want to get stuff done in free roam I just find a session that only has a few players in it. That way you pretty much have the whole of LS to yourself.

[quote user="LostKauz"]Just let it go. There is no need for "revenge". Everyone always gets to come back from the dead. All you do by going after them is waste your own time. When you get Bounty Unlocked (unless you already have it), just use that for "revenge".

[/quote]

I understand that, but when I'm in a game and getting hit by a car ever 3 minutes, I don't want to have to change worlds because the passive mode doesn't work...

[/quote]And killing the Player for "revenge" is somehow going to bring an end to this? I don't know but most of the Players I've seen only act like jerks when you play that "game" with them.

If all you want to do is play Missions without other Players killing you, play in a Private Session or ignore the Players in an Open Session.

Good player -vs- Bad player seems too black or white to me. I have not played online yet is this really  how it is? Shame for those who are having issues like LostKauz mentions. Or maybe you accidentally put an RPG round through someones drivers side window.... still my mother always taught me to be careful with explosive rounds.... belt fed weapons as well.