message, to play this disc, put in an xbox 360 console..?

it plays dvds, but no games..how do i fix this problem.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 11 Applies to:

The only problem is calling support on ordering a repair. The laser has gone bye-bye so it will only register games as a DVD. Sorry dude =/

http://support.xbox.com

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

i changed the cd rom from my other xbox and still does it.. so would it still be that problem

Sorry this didn't help.

If you attempted self-repairs then I can't help you,

Sorry this didn't help.

yup, you will not even be able to have them repaired and on top of that you are most likely gonna get console banned as MS will be able to tell if you do not have the OEM (original equipment manufacturer) DVD rom that was in the console when it was built.  so now instead of paying 100 or so to get it fixed by them you are gonna have to pay 200 to 300 to buy a new console, was it worth it?

Sorry this didn't help.

its very simple, i'm starting to think the reason they dont want people to try to repair it is because it is just a big fraud console. i see a lot of people have this issue so this should raise some red flags.. I have 2 ps3's and i might just stick to them instead of buying another console. i just think it is bs its the laser then you change it out with one that works and it still does it. they want people to have to pay to repair when its a crap box.

Sorry this didn't help.

I would have offered some steps to test that it truly was the fault of the disc drive, but at this point a repair would be out of the question any way, as mentioned above. I'm sorry that you are having trouble, but violating the Terms of Use is never the answer.

Sorry this didn't help.

I realize this is an old post, but I just wanted to also have my say.

I really think that all the extreme security to prevent piracy has taken the joy out of owning an XBox. You cannot even sneeze near it without the fear of being banned. Since the customer has paid good money to own one, shouldn't there be a certain leeway as who gets to work inside it, seeing that you actually own it? I had a similar issue a few years ago and I just ended up dumping my console in the trash as I couldn't be bothered with such nonsense. Over here in my country, there is really poor support for repair, a real nasty service. To ship the console anywhere out of the country is far too expensive, so where does that leave us? Now all I do is just repair RROD's by reballing the GPU's as a service, other than that I would never want to own another one ever again in my life. Which is sad as I've always been a huge Microsoft fan, even my primary job is software development using Microsoft's products. I guess all that really matters, at the end of it all, is P&L.

Sorry this didn't help.