Message to all newcomers to the battlefield series.....

After playing Battlefield 2142, Battlefield 1943, and BF:BC 1 & 2, i've noticed a huge lack of people who spot enemies in this game and trust me it makes a huge difference especially to pilots who can't see the ground very clearly and people looking for pesky snipers. All I ask is that when you see an enemy soldier or even a tank, helicopter, or even an enemy plane please just put your crosshairs on them and simply hit the back button. When you do this it will put a blip above said enemy and on your minimap at the enemies location that all of your team can see and you will even get a 20xp spot bonus after someone else kills/destroys whatever you have spotted. This REALLY helps pilots find enemy planes or helicopters in the sky that aren't easily seen and the location of tanks so the pilots can do a bombing run on them.

Sincerely,

Your friendly neighborhood pilot.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Spotting the enemy in BF has changed a little so that may be one reason your seeing a difference. Now when you spot someone you have to keep your ironsights on the enemy or the "mark" goes away. Explained better here

OP you may already know this I'm just pointing it out to those that may not.

i didnt even know how to spot, assumed it just did it when they shot an unsilenced gun or are getting shot. cheers.

Alos there are a lot of players who use to play hardcore where spotting was useless who are now playing core and they are just not use to spotting.

When the back button works.

wait, what? i'm new too BF so i dont know about this, this is why the red triangles show up? i thought it was because they were shooting...so what do you do? does it work in vehicles or just on foot?

thx

boats

The "basic" rules of BF3 and BC2 are to Spot, Spot and more Spot. It is easily the single most important Feature when played in Core Mode. Pratice with always Spotting while you are in a Fire-fight as well. It will help you, while helping your Team, help you survive.

i will, but how again? just aim at them? or do you have to do something else?

[quote user="Boats317"]

i will, but how again? just aim at them? or do you have to do something else?

[/quote]

Press the back Button. Here it's almost the same as this Video for BC2 but "tweaked" a little.

[view:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zcZ3wXF3r14&feature=results_main&playnext=1&list=PLE48C42A7C6D9775C]

The Video is BC2 but the "basics" still apply in BF3.

very good, thanks i had no idea lol.  I've been a COD fan since the beginning, and i gotta say MW3 is gonna have to be unbelievable for me to stop playing BF.  I love all the options and just the fact that the map is so destroyed by the end of the game is awesome.

any other tips that arent well known for beginners? i'm running eng class right now for the mines and stingers

thx

boats

[quote user="Boats317"]any other tips that arent well known for beginners? i'm running eng class right now for the mines and stingers[/quote]

Engineers are a good "overall" Class but don't get into the mindset that "one Class beats all". The Game is a huge Rock/ Paper/ Scissors", play the Role that fits the current Situation and learn to be both flexible and adaptable.

Kind of an idea in regards would be, a bunch of Equipment keeps rolling in so everyone on the Team is Engineers blasting away in concert. Until one lonely Enemy Support hops out and hoses everyone and further goes on to arming the M-Com capping the Flag. Just remember each Class has it's Strengths but also has it's weaknesses.
Use each appropriately and you'll contribute so much more to your Team and winning.