memory lost

earlier i put in bf3 and i before the main menu appeared it said my memory was corrupted and that my memory was lost. if i clicked A my lost memory will be overridden. does anyone know what or what may have caused this?

thanks

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Go to your Memory options and delete your BF3 profile, when you get back on you should stop receiving the corrupted data message, though you may have to deal with everything acting like it was just unlocked still...

Do as FoomBerry says, that is exactly how I fixed that problem when it occurred a while back. Delete your BF3 profile file and it technically creates a new one, but with the same information that is stored in BF3's servers. You should not lose anything, but it will appear as if you just unlocked everything at once. The only downside to doing this is all the messages that will be appeared of, "You've just unlocked ___" "You've also unlocked _____", but it is not all that bad.

[quote user="Brown Stick"]

does anyone know what or what may have caused this? [/quote]

I think it's a technical issue in the games coding. However to help avoid it happening again, make sure the game as finished auto-saving before quiting a match, returning to the Dash-Broard, switching off your console etc.  

if i delete the saved data will i have to restart my online?

[quote user="amtassassin63"]

[/quote]

Nope.  Your online stats/profile is stored on EA's servers. The only thing you'll have to redo is the singleplayer if you choose to do so.

[quote user="ReproductioN"]

[/quote]

Nope.  Your online stats/profile is stored on EA's servers. The only thing you'll have to redo is the singleplayer if you choose to do so.

[/quote]

There's a singleplayer? LOL

I think you speak lies.

[quote user="A Proud *** Man"]

[quote user="ReproductioN"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

There's a singleplayer? LOL

I think you speak lies.

[/quote]

Sorry, I meant to say offline tutorial. When I realized my mistake, it was well past the time to edit it.

Again you don't have to delete everything, usually just the last SAVE file, the one with the most recent date, deleting everything is overkill.