Meh on MP~

All MP seems to be about are the people who charge ahead into mobs to get the kills first so they can top the chart OR the ones who hang back until you have spent your bullets/reload and then jack the last little bit of enemies health to nab the kill.

Its ok to complete the story, I dont see it lasting no matter how much DLC they throw at it.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

You're in it together. No sense really getting upset over who gets what kills. I rather have a team who knows how to work and can annihilate the enemy quickly instead of a group who scatters around to die.

Yes sir, exactly what I see happening. In a rush to get points, it creates a team that scatters and making it to wave 11 is almost impossible because you have to chase down bodies to heal while also try to stay alive. It is fun when the team works together, that is for certain. I guess I have run into more of the rogues trying to get the chart topped as opposed to trying to get the misson completed.

Yeah, I hear that. I have all but two maps completed on gold so far. When I tried going for the last 2 I needed, people only wanted the cash and simply ran off after the 3rd objective like morons. I told them repeatedly to just stick with it since it would only be another few minutes after that, but they ignored it all. Even worse is when one replied with, "Oh, you got money, it's fine." Though, I stated repeatedly the reason we were doing it in the first place before we started...and during. I think the social ineptitude of most seems to equate to the common sense they lack.

you do realize that the xp is split equal between all 4 right? It doest matter if you sat in a corner and ate a sandwich your still getting your share.  On the flip side...if you were a krogan soldier that can walk up to a geth prime and biatch smack them around the map and killed everything the team is going to get that xp as well, this was a good idea I think so people would not get angry about "kill thieves" just imo. Now as far as the money goes I cannot speak on as I do not know if that works the same or not, Peace.

[quote user="OutlawedSaint"]

you do realize that the xp is split equal between all 4 right? It doest matter if you sat in a corner and ate a sandwich your still getting your share.  On the flip side...if you were a krogan soldier that can walk up to a geth prime and biatch smack them around the map and killed everything the team is going to get that xp as well, this was a good idea I think so people would not get angry about "kill thieves" just imo. Now as far as the money goes I cannot speak on as I do not know if that works the same or not, Peace.

[/quote][This^ I only play with friends and there is a lot of fun to be had this way.

Yeah I like that the xp is all shared, who ever gets the kill doesn't really matter, you'll still get good xp for the assist which is all shared in the end anyway & the money/credits is all shared equally across the players aswell.

Really having fun in the multiplayer at the moment.

I never cared who gets the kill, it doesn't matter. For all the times I've played my squad always sticks together, not once has anyone even spoke on kills lol. Plus all the nonsense can be avoided by not playing with random, they are always harder to deal with no matter what game.

You can also get more points for an assist than for a kill, depending on how much damage you dealt.

[quote user="JivingJackalope"]

All MP seems to be about are the people who charge ahead into mobs to get the kills first so they can top the chart OR the ones who hang back until you have spent your bullets/reload and then jack the last little bit of enemies health to nab the kill.

Its ok to complete the story, I dont see it lasting no matter how much DLC they throw at it.

[/quote]

In other words, then, it's not the multiplayer in Mass Effect 3 that you have a problem with, it's the Xbox Live community :D

-----------------

People can be a bit stupid, especially, like others have pointed out, you all get the same damn XP anyway. But find yourself a good team who are willing to work together, have fun and support each other and the multiplayer is superb to me.

While team cooperation and survival through the final wave brings better benefits in terms of exp and credits than a high kill count, I still do get a little annoyed when I'm playing w/ a vanguard who has twice the score of everybody else from spamming biotic charge.  Because getting kills is ultimately more fun than getting credits and exp.