Meet James Vega

I'll be right back, Im going to be sick.  I really need a piece of redeeming ME3 info soon.

http://www.destructoid.com/meet-james-vega-new-mass-effect-3-party-member-206260.phtml

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

also thanks for the link (damn you edit timer) and I like the look of him, this render much more so than the last one that was released (the one with him liara ash and kaidan). main reason I like the look is because he doesn't look like every other human in the game and actually looks like someone you would see in a special forces roll.

Im not digging the look to be honest.  To much muscle for me.  Mass Effect has always been sleek and futuristic in all the concept art and the actual game.  This clown looks like he doesnt belong.  I understand liking a change, but this look is so far out from the first two games character models, I cannot really fathom why they would make such a dramatic switch at this point in the series.  

And yea, I tried to lazy link it but the timer ran out, and to be honest it took me 6 tries to even post the damn thing in the first place.  New forums are no bueno

Alot of people said the same things about Jack (Some still do!), but she won alot of us over once we got to know her better, I say we should give this guy a chance, what I like about this character is that alot of us didn't expect what we're seeing, the last thing even the most enthusiastic spoilerfan wants is for this game to be predictable, it's also good that some may have low expectations of him for I think that they'll be pleasantly surprised...:-)

I'm not too interested in this dude either. This guy looks like a chimp that has been thrown in the game to be a love interest for the bi-curious Sheperd. Either way, Vega probably won't ever be in my squad if I can help it.

I hope he plays some important part in the mission. As otherwise he's taking up a slot that could have gone to a team-member who'll now be reduced to a cameo role.

Thane probably sounded like a good idea when somebody [16yrs old] wrote the character [with a crayon]. gonna give vega a chance when he shows up; who knows, vega might have the best ally bonus power ever

To be honest I think Mesh might have hit it on the head. That the reason that Vega has been included is as a love interest for a bi-curious male Shepard. I hope he's more than that but Bioware haven't been giving me much hope these days.

Looks ok.

If all he is is support, Im gonna be very disappointed in Bioware's decision making team.  But hopefully he has some major role to play that will make it up.  Im just not sure why they would introduce such a muscular, Gears looking character in the third and final chapter of the series.  Introduce a weird alien that fits into the codex/lore, fine.  This is the first guy we have seen that is so cut up with muscle. It just doesnt add up