Media Center Formats

**Please forgive me for posting this in another section that I just realized was the wrong section**

This seems to me like it would have been asked and answered but I couldn't find it in the forums so please don't flame me to death if it has..  : )

My issue is simple.  We all know the MCX on Xbox 360 won't play MKV files.  I've been using a converter to convert everything to HD-AVI.  That gets a little old though b/c even w/ my Beast PC, for a normal movie in 1080p, it sometimes can take up to 5 hours to convert.  I just followed a whole process for using Transcode 360 to avoid this (process listed here - http://www.hack7mc.com/upload/Transcode%20360%20Setup%20with%20Vista%20Media%20Center.pdf), but it relies on the program "My Movies" to function.  The My Movies program seems to be somewhat of a ripoff because in order to enable even the transcoding functionality you have to keep putting "points" on your account with money, etc.  Can anyone tell me a cheaper (or hopefully Free) way to watch stream true HD from the PC to the Xbox?  I'm in a recession over here and just can't afford to keep lining their pockets to get points just to transcode my movies... LOL  Thanks for any help you can give!!

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Hey there chckn0rr15,

We really only recommend using the Windows Media Center Extender as it is intended. More info on how to set that up and what files it will support are over here. You would want to watch using third party software on a PC to convert files in such a way for a variety of reasons. Hope this helps!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.