ME3 Multiplayer Confirmed?

A simple google of keywords "mass effect 3 news" will turn up several sources (some say confirmed reports) of ME3 getting some multiplayer.  What do you all think of this (true/false)?  If true, it should spark much debate, but even the ones who don't think it's wise, you must be atleast very curious...:-)

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

It's always nice to have multiplayer. It's like buying a sandwich and get a free drink!

Sure it might suck but hey ... I'll still enjoy the storymode :)

some magazine put Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer on the cover recently and but the devs didnt respond. the mag rattled off the known rumors but they didnt know anything new, theres a huge thread on bioware.social

i want a multiplayer game in the mass effect universe but i dont need ME3 to have anything more than a solid solo campaign and more [more more] dlc than the last two games

It's a scan for the September issue of 'XBOX 360 World' magazine (Europe), it reads in the top left hand corner "MASS Effect 3:  New Levels And Multiplayer'.  The fact that the developers didn't react may suggest "where there is smoke, there's fire"...:-)

[quote user="XBOX 360 World magazine"]Well, if you believe the rumours - which we certainly do - ME3 will have MP. According to various sources, there will be a batch of 3 player co-op missions that run parallel to the main story, with each player assuming the role of a single squad mate. It seems likely that this will happen, and it'll form part of EA's Online Pass system. However devs have been known to ditch MP during development in the past, if it doesn't work..."[/quote]

they dont reference any new sources and only mention old rumors that bioware has already denied. ''according to various sources'' means google, nothing in the article says they know any more than we do

all they did was drum up a little free publicity for their magazine, hopefully itll cost them preview copies or something

I don't want multiplayer, but as long as it doesn't take resources away from the campaign I don't really care if it has it.

The "batch of 3 player co-op missions" is intriguing, thanks for the excerpt...:-)

I would not be surprised if there was some form of multiplayer added in. After all why waste time and resources creating a scripted, voiced and indepth story based DLC when you can rattle of a bunch of map-packs recycled from environments in the main game for the same amount of MSP.

[quote user="voteDC"]

I would not be surprised if there was some form of multiplayer added in. After all why waste time and resources creating a scripted, voiced and indepth story based DLC when you can rattle of a bunch of map-packs recycled from environments in the main game for the same amount of MSP.

[/quote]

im starting to think yer not looking forward to ME3 at all voteDC. the next few months must feel like the countdown to arriva, it cant look promising given how you feel about ME2 and the direction bioware is takin the mass effect franchise. makes me kinda sad knowing it doesnt look good for you

bioware has steadily denied ME3 will have any multiplayer or co-op and im inclined to believe them. theyve admitted adding those features would break the solo campaign, everyone cant be shepard and no one wants to be a robin to bruce wayne shepard's batman. im ok w/ that

id love to see another game set in the mass effect universe that featured multiplayer or co-op of some sort. h***, mass effect is probably the only franchise that would get me to try an mmo. im still not interested in multiplayer / co-op features in ME3 tho, the solo campaign deserves all the attention 

To be honest Red Son, every bit of news I hear puts me off that little bit more. I'm not sure that is completely a bad thing, perhaps going in with low expectations will mean I am happier with what I do end up getting.

From what I've read so far there has been no confirmation for coop/multiplayer in ME3. Just blogs that keep spreading  the same old rumors that Bioware keeps denying.