ME3 Lazarus Project: Fans fix the faces

The fans have managed to fix what Bioware could not and fixed the faces in Mass Effect 3.

Here again is my Shepard from ME1:

ME2:

ME3 before Lazarus:

ME3 after Lazarus: 

Now for me that is much closer to how she looked in the previous two games. It's a shame that this fix is only really for the PC, the people behind it say that it works for 360 saves as well but is that really worth the risk with Microsoft's ban happy nature.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 16 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Curious what makes you think that ANYONE'S face should look exactly the same as it did 5 years before, you're campaiging for more "Space Magic" I'd say...:-)

Well it isn't five years in game time but you're quite right people do change, usually not into a mannequin though. [View:http://forums.xbox.com/emoticons/emotion-4.gif]

-

I definitely think the Lazarus Shepard is closer to ME1 and ME2 though than the effort Bioware came up with. It looks like the same Shepard to me and not a look-a-like.

Bioware already said they are fixing it calm down, and if people weren't crying like children over the ending, they may have had time to get it out already.  Yea, there is already a fix for the PC, but fans always come out with their own mods faster.

[quote user="Payton Jones"]

Bioware already said they are fixing it calm down, and if people weren't crying like children over the ending, they may have had time to get it out already.  Yea, there is already a fix for the PC, but fans always come out with their own mods faster.

[/quote]Bioware have already issued their fix, it came out two weeks ago, to them the issue is now closed http://social.bioware.com/page/me3-patches. The first pic from Mass Effect 3 is with Bioware's fix to the issue.

So which fix do you think is better? Bioware's or the fans? 

I'd go with the latter considering BioWare's solution really didn't fix much of anything as far as I can tell and know. I haven't loaded up one of my custom Shepard imports to see for myself if it looks just as bad, but I honestly have no motivation to go through the SP right now after having just completed my Insanity run.

Those pictures are in stark contrast though, it's pretty crazy.

One looks just like you said a mannequin that seems lifeless, whereas the other doesn't look like a plastic prop.

Now of course, in before someone makes the obligitory comments of, "why are you so picky, why does this matter so much, who cares..." Blah, blah, blah - Some things matter more to others and this happens to be something that's important to certain people who like seeing the Shepard they created, not an abomination. Then again maybe TIM is at the helm of the facial importing department... He seems to of taken the route of facial construction to another level.

I honestly can't see the difference.

And how is a pc fix relevant to xbox players?

[quote user="RevJynxed"]

And how is a pc fix relevant to xbox players?

[/quote]Because it can be used on the 360 if you are willing to risk the ban hammer, I own both versions and this forum was merged with the old GFW one a while back so PC discussion of games is now allowed (though true I'm stretching that last one a little ).

[quote user="BEASTmmb"]

I honestly can't see the difference.

[/quote]Really?

The face has a more life like quality to it now for me. The shape of the face is a little different and the mouth has a slight upturn now.

I don't really see much difference either, but you really can't tell much looking at two pics.  If you say it makes that big of a difference in game then I'll have to take your word for it.

Although, generally things look better on PC anyway, regardless of a better mod.

Payton Jones does bring attention to something with his earlier, "if people weren't crying like children over the ending, they may have had time to..." remark, this face issue combined with the ongoing ending farce have both likely redirected resources targeted towards ADDING to this game, extra missions may even be scrapped now because of these unessential patches being given full attention at the moment...:-)