ME3 Citadel DLC - Broke the Scoreboard

Has anyone else played the Armax Arena and reached a final score above 10,000? Because if you do you'll get a Cerberus Phantom Armor Set and the Simulated Hero Achievement.

I got my with:

Game Difficulty: Normal

Map: Armax Classic

Enemy: Reaper

Challenge: Super Elites

Score Modifiers: One-Shot Player Shields (+20%)

Allies: Wrex and Javik

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

Yup... had all the handicaps bar the 'No Medi-Gel' on Hardcore. Took Wrex and Grunt and all three of us had Venom Shotgun X's (The Krogan had the Shotgun Omni Blade attachment and my Shepard had the Hyper Velocity Barrel and Shotgun Smart choke (all tier V)) and it was a cakewalk. Choose the Cerberus Nightmare Armor as my reward.

Jeez, I wish there was someway I could pull up exactly what I used to do this.

It was on Insanity with all the negative modifiers, using an Infiltrator (Valiant V, Armor Piercing Mod V, Extended Barrel V), and I'm pretty sure I had Garrus with me for Armor Piercing Ammo.

But I was so angry with Citadel on that day for the clone story that I've forgotten all the details.

I used almost the same except a Venom Shotgun. You get like 15,000 for beating that computer error match.

[quote user="Deaths Head 200"]

Yup... had all the handicaps bar the 'No Medi-Gel' on Hardcore. Took Wrex and Grunt and all three of us had Venom Shotgun X's (The Krogan had the Shotgun Omni Blade attachment and my Shepard had the Hyper Velocity Barrel and Shotgun Smart choke (all tier V)) and it was a cakewalk. Choose the Cerberus Nightmare Armor as my reward.

[/quote]

Just replayed this mission on Insanity again, and I took your recommendation and used Wrex and Grunt.

Never again.

The number of times they got sync-killed by things, particularly on the last wave when everything can sync-kill except the Geth Primes, was infuriating. And usually, one of them would go down in round 1 against the Praetorians.

I have had bad luck with grunt and wrex. They seem to glitch and just stand next to you. They dont shoot or anything. An enemy can come right up beside you and shoot you and they wont move just sit there and watch. I have had much better success with Garrus and Javik. To sum it up dont put Krogans on TV they get stage fright. Let the pro's go to town, old school style.

Guess I had better luck with Wrex and Grunt... they pretty much tore everything up either Melee or Venom Shotgun X shots... with the odd Lift/Inferno Grenade thrown about.

[quote user="Deaths Head 200"]

Guess I had better luck with Wrex and Grunt... they pretty much tore everything up either Melee or Venom Shotgun X shots... with the odd Lift/Inferno Grenade thrown about.

[/quote]

If you ever get the urge to play it again, try it on Insanity and tell me how it goes. I know Hardcore isn't that far removed from Insanity, but yeah, I didn't go through one attempt with Grunt and Wrex where someone (and often both) didn't get sync-killed.

I had much better luck with bringing Garrus and James along and letting them blast everything at a distance with the Adas Anti-Synthetic Rifle X.

I had Wrex and Grunt go off to close range, while I peppered the enemy at a distance with charged Venom blasts and Black Widow X fire. I waited to use Medi-Gel, when both went down, which did happen a few times but all in all, it went well.

I finding it very neat that we all have our preferences and what works for one may not another. I feel safer if I have longer ranged characters beside me. If something sneaks past I know garrus and javik will get it.