ME2 Death Question

Miranda and Legion died in final fight of ME2. If a start a 2nd playthrough with the same character, will they be alive again? And will they be alive in ME3? I can't experience a Mass Effect game now without Miranda.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Short answer, Yes as long as you get their loyalty and ensure they don't die beyond the Omega 4 relay.

So I'll have to beat the game again for Miranda to be in ME3?

If you're starting a new game of ME2, with a character who has already finished ME2, all your choices are reset (that i know of) to allow you to make new decisions etc. The new save file should overwrite your previous file, though I'm not 100% sure as it may just create a new save file.

Okay 1 more question. I'm pretty sure it wouldn't since a made a new game, but would my choices I made from my 1st playthrough be present in ME3? Or would it basically be like a brand new character, as if I never even improted the character.

I think there may be two save files... first from your first playthrough, and another for your second. What I'd do if you didn't want to run the risk of importing your first save to ME3, I'd delete it AFTER you've created your second one. Then the only choices to be carried over, would be from your second playthrough.

You will need to import that character and complete --finish-- ME2 again. Once you've finished it a second time, everything will carry across from the second playthrough.

Each new game, whether from new or an import (ME1 or New Game+, creates a completely new Shepard that can be imported into Mass Effect 3.

Actually, I'm wondering about this. I do know that i had 2 saves at the end of Mass Effect 1 that showed the completed mission. One at level 5X and the other at lvl 60. I could load either but I'm finding that the ME2 save only seems to be based on "total play time" not any kind of save point. I don't even know what level I'm at. I just know that one game was saved at 30 hour, then another was saved at 18. I knew the game didn't end the way I wanted it to so I replayed from the 18 hour mark. Now I have a few games saved at 30 hour and a new game saved at 32 hours. In short, how will ME3 see this? Will it know there are, somehow, two end games with this Shepards career path OR will it just take the last/latest save time?

Compare this to ME1 when I saved the Council. Saved and ended. Then went right back and killed the council and had 2 saves under the one Shepard having two endings.

You should be able to have either saved game imported, just like from ME1 to 2.

Also, I believe you'll have to take a finished game, not a game that isn't finished. It was like that, again, for ME2.

But how will it know. When I do a "new game" using that Shepard I only have 1 point to import from. I don't know, maybe it's just me. Maybe I've over thinking it. Maybe I've been playing too much Saints Row... who knows.