[quote]BioWare's Mass Effect 3 and 38 Studios' Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning are worlds apart, but they share the same publisher – Electronic Arts – that's why the two games are coming together for this cross-promotion.
When you play the demos for Mass Effect 3 (scheduled to come out sometime before the game's March 6 launch) and Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning (January 17), you can get themed items for the other game.
Mass Effect 3 Items From The Kingdoms of Amalur Demo (designed by Todd McFarlane):
- Reckoner Knight Armor: This armor will maximize damage done in close-quarters combat while a beefed-up power cell feeds energy into weapon systems to increase projectile velocity
- The Chakram Launcher: This weapon uses a fabricator to manufacture lightweight, explosive ammunition discs. This weapon is earned after completing the Reckoning demo and watching the trailer at the end
Those who play the Kingdoms of Amalur demo will also unlock the following items for Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning:
- Twist of Fate Card: This card boosts the player’s ice resistance and is immediately unlocked when he or she activates the Reckoning demo using his or her Origin account
- Twinned Souls Chakram: A unique weapon that damages enemies while boosting player health and mana in Reckoning
- The Infernal Helm: Unlocked after completing the Reckoning Tutorial Mode, this protective helmet increases players’ fire damage throughout Amalur
Kingdoms of Amalur Items From the Mass Effect 3 Demo:
- N7 Armor: Players can unlock special armor inspired by Commander Shepard’s iconic N7 battle armor including helm, cuirass, gauntlets, chausses, and greaves
- Onmiblade Daggers: A holographic blade stemming from Commander Shepard’s Omni-Tool, the Omni-blade allows players to stab enemies in close combat. Once players install and play the Mass Effect 3 demo, they will unlock the daggers
Mass Effect 3 comes out on March 6 for the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, and PC, and Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning hits those same systems on February 7.[/quote]