MCE through XB1

It seems a PC will only pick up that the XB1 is only stereo and not 7.1 so you can not use your TV (MCE device) through HDMI on the in port, also there no control at all. The pc is running 8.1 and sees the xb1 but in sound settings its showing it as only 2 chan and does not list any thing else. This is very disappointing. The hdmi out on the pc is an AMD 7750 and has no other issues talking 7.1 directly to the AV AMP when plugged in directly via hdmi

Is there an update coming out soon? Why was this not ready on launch?

:(

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Have you tried enabling the Surround Sound feature? Its in Settings and in probably in TV there is a troubleshooting section. Buried in there is a Surround Sound BETA feature that will take surround sound through the HDMI in. Sorry I cant remember the exact way to navigate but you will find it.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Thank you for the tip but No that does not help the PC shows it only as a stereo device in playback devices. the HDMI in is basic and disappointing at best. Why would anyone want to feed HDMI in to a device and only will accept Stereo? the fact it has a beta option on sound input is odd, this is a release device! Why would I want beta options. I guess its not ready for market quite yet. :( well lets hope they update and fix this limitation soon so people using TV app will get full sound rather than 1970s style stereo. imagine watching your fav TV show in HD through your Set TOP Box but having to down sample to stereo just so you can watch it through your XB1 sounds pointless to me.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.