Maybe you guys can shed some light on this for MW3 Connection issues.

Alright, 

I load up Modern WarfaPorre 3 and get into a game.  Everything is going well then boom, my connection to the servers times out and sends me back to the menu, after a moment it automatically logs me completely out of Xbox Live, to a  point that I have to do a connection test.  So I reboot my router/modem (It's WIFI Modem.)  Then power down my system, wait, log back in, run connection test. 

At that point it tells me that it's fine.  Connection speed is where it needs to be and I don't have any issues.   So I go back to the MW3 Multiplayer and it does it again drops me from the network completely. 

I have done everything as far as my modem goes including contacting my ISP.  I have also cleaned my system cache,have also opened TCP/UDP Ports and still having the same said issue.  

Heellllpp?!?!?  Could it be Activisions servers?? 

Thanks guys!

~Lace~

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

... I meant Modern Warfare 3 ... This is what I get for typing this at 3am EST trying to figure out the issue. haha

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

When you are in the MW3 multiplayer lobby, down in the lower corner (either right or left I can't remember) it says NAT Type: xxxx (three options will be Strict, Moderate, or Open). What does yours say?

-

If it says Strict or Moderate the first thing I would do is go into the router settings and forwards the appropriate ports to get it to an Open NAT type. The easiest guide to do that is at www.portforward.com select your router (Make/Model) then (skip the ad in the upper right) follow the instructions.

-

If that doesn't clear it up we can trouble shoot some other possible issues.

Sorry this didn't help.

How long would you say you play before it drops you? Is it within the first match or is it after a few matches. I know when I used to play monday night combat and the game would put me as host I had similar things happen. After about 20-30 minutes of being host I'd lose connection and then be booted off xbox live and would have to power cycle router and modem to even be able to connect again. I haven't played the game in a while so I'm not sure if that ever got fixed for me or not. I know it had to deal with me being host though. I could play all day if someone else was host.  And is this just something that started very recently? Also as  wild suggested, what is your NAT listed as?

Sorry this didn't help.

UPDATE:

I just had my modem signals refreshed through the cable company and as I go into one match I play for maybe 2 minutes before it lags and kicks me off of Xbox Live.  I have checked computers on the network and they are not having any issues.  Still didn't resolve the issue of me losing connection to the Xbox Servers.

My NAT TYPE is OPEN.

I have even changed the DNS servers to Googles to see if that resolves anything and it doesn't.  

This has been really aggravating really. lol

Sorry this didn't help.

Try disconnecting the network settings then configure and set network back to factory settings turn your xbox off and turn it on then connect. I hope this helps as it worked for me recently.

Sorry this didn't help.

Alright, I went ahead and tried all suggestions.  I then manually entered an Unused IP address and set up the subnet and gateway manually.  And low and behold I played for several hours last night on a Moderate NAT type with little to no issues.

Thanks guys for all the help! :)

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey djlace! What suggestion did you try last? It would be interesting to know which specific step you tried that resolved your issue. :)

Sorry this didn't help.

First things first. Go to speedtest.net and run a few tests; one close to you, one far from you and one in between. Then post the results here for us be sure to include the download, upload and ping.

Now you mention wireless in your original post, are we correct in assuming your console is connected that way to your network? Where is your console in regards to your router (same room or another room)? How many other devices do you have accessing the internet when you are on XBL? Remember even an idle PC uses bandwidth. If yes, then how many and what are they doing? (IE-are they downloading or streaming videos/music)

If wireless, for the purpose of this test, connect your console directly to your router. Play for awhile and see if the issue is there still. If yes, then connect the console directly to the modem (if possible) and play for awhile. What is the result? Once we start eliminating what it could be we will get closer to a solution.

You mention having Moderate NAT. That is usually a result of router settings not being adjusted properly. Most times when you connect to a router and if you have uPnP enabled you should get an Open NAT. When you forwarded ports did you turn off uPnP or is it still on? What ports did you forward? What make and model router do you have? Is the firmware up to date? You can check the manufacturers website to see if it is.

Answer the above to the best of your ability and we'll go from there.

Sorry this didn't help.