Maybe someone Tech-Wise here can help me ._.

I posted this is xbox support and have gotten no replies or anything, figures right?

Anyways ill copy and paste it here for you maybe someone here can help me out.

Alright hopefully someone here can help me with whats going on. Im pretty sure that the issue has something to do with my router but anyways here the last week or so I keep just randomly loosing my internet connection. But the strange thing is that it only goes out for a few seconds.

This is a problem because when your playing a game online or online in general i will get signed out of xbox live or disconnected. If i wait about 15 seconds and try again i can sign right back in again. Though here lately i seem to be getting discnonnected every 5, 10, or 15 min so as you can imagine its very annoying basically I cannot do anything on xbox live.

The reason I say I believe its my router is because It also happens on my laptop when using the web ill be browsing or something and random ill lose internet connection but when i click view connections and connect to my router again it connects back up.

I dont know what is causing this to happen, i've tried resetting both my modem and my router many times now and it still continues to happen, any ideas on what the problem may be or how to fix it?

I dont think that anyone is having the problem with the desktop computer which hooked directly now wirelessly so i dont think its an internet issue.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

you may want to try just getting a new router or new modem etc? i remember 2 years ago, i could not use my internet at all because it wasnt working, as soon as we got a new router everything was fixed.

[quote user="ADrunkCanadian"]

you may want to try just getting a new router or new modem etc? i remember 2 years ago, i could not use my internet at all because it wasnt working, as soon as we got a new router everything was fixed.

[/quote]

Your probably correct haha. Unfortunatly :/ My router is not even 2 years old yet and its already crapping out on me, though its just a Cisco Linksys which Im guessing isnt a very great brand haha.

Is there any prefered not too highly priced routers you would reccomend?

[quote user="x B1ackDah1ia x"]

[quote user="ADrunkCanadian"]

[/quote]

Your probably correct haha. Unfortunatly :/ My router is not even 2 years old yet and its already crapping out on me, though its just a Cisco Linksys which Im guessing isnt a very great brand haha.

Is there any prefered not too highly priced routers you would reccomend?

[/quote]

personally im not that knowledgeable with modems etc. i would suggest however if your current modem isnt already maximized or one of those ideal gaming modems

if you know what im talking about.

Do you have an access code for your service provider(this is separate from your router security)? If so, you will have to erase the connection on your X-box and reset everything(undo the modem on x-box) then restart your xbox with it plugged back in. Set up a new connection and you will get to the option for the service provider code. It's not as easy to check all codes without resetting. You can get intermittent connection when the IP access code is wrong, in fact, that is what you will get.

Edit: if everything is correct on your end, then your Local Service Provider is the one to talk to.

A simple solution is to just unplug your modem and router, wait a minute, and plug them back in. Once it boots up again, you should be fine. I had similar problems with our old modem and router at home, resetting it was something we did a fair bit, thanks to our bad router.

If this problem doesn't happen often, then a quick reset should be all you need to get back to normal.

[quote user="CND AAA Beef"]

A simple solution is to just unplug your modem and router, wait a minute, and plug them back in. Once it boots up again, you should be fine. I had similar problems with our old modem and router at home, resetting it was something we did a fair bit, thanks to our bad router.

If this problem doesn't happen often, then a quick reset should be all you need to get back to normal.

[/quote]

I'm always amazed at how few people actually try resetting their router and modem before asking for help.

OP, I'd assume it's a WRT54G series router.  I am not a big fan of those at all as I had nothing but issues with them as I don't want to have to reset them every other day, but as stated, a quick reset should do it.  There are other Linksys routers out there, but it seems like that's what everyone has, regardless, the advice still works.  If you do end up getting a new one, if you can afford it, I'd go for a D-Link gaming router.

I was having problems with xbox live yesterday amd I think my issue was the same as your except I don't think it was my router that was the problem.

Previously known as Win7Xbox 360

[quote user="CND AAA Beef"]

[/quote]

No, unplugging my router and modem was the first thing I tried though it hasnt seemed to make a difference. I also switched the channels as well but still seem to be having this problem.

The strange thing about it is that like I said it happens on my laptop as well as my Xbox, and once it goes out about 4 or 5 times and after about 15 min of reconnecting eventually the connection will stay for a few hours at least then it will start going out. Im sure its just a router issue. If it presists i'll likely be looking into a new router.