Max Payne 3 Xbox 360 Will be on Two Discs

A listing on redbox indicates that there could be two disks for the 360 version. Thoughts about this? This might just be false but it's entirely possible that it could happen.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

It's true actually. Rockstar confirmed it on their Twitter. The first disc will contain half of the singleplayer, and the multiplayer. The other half of the singleplayer will be on the second disc.

I'm not bothered with it honestly, I don't care to switch discs. So it's not an inconvenience to me.

This doesn't bother me at all.

I do have a quick question though: Does anyone know if this game is going to require an online pass? I am planning on getting this game from Gamefly and the MP sounds freaking amazing. So I just want to know if I am going to have to pay $10 to play the MP?

It's not an inconvenience for me either... but it just shows how bad we need a new console when half of the games coming out now have multiple discs.

[quote user="TheMightyAndrew"]

This doesn't bother me at all.

I do have a quick question though: Does anyone know if this game is going to require an online pass? I am planning on getting this game from Gamefly and the MP sounds freaking amazing. So I just want to know if I am going to have to pay $10 to play the MP?

[/quote] As of yet, Online passes haven't been confirmed.

[quote user="IsaacClarkeSNL"]It's not an inconvenience for me either... but it just shows how bad we need a new console when half of the games coming out now have multiple discs.[/quote]I completely agree with you. Having to switch discs bothers a lot of people for some reason, so I'm sure Microsoft knows they'll have to do something about it sooner rather than later. Almost every big release these days are multiple discs.

[quote user="Elite Effect"]

[quote user="IsaacClarkeSNL"]It's not an inconvenience for me either... but it just shows how bad we need a new console when half of the games coming out now have multiple discs.[/quote]I completely agree with you. Switching discs bothers a lot of people for some reason, so I'm sure Microsoft knows they'll have to do something about it sooner rather than later. Almost every big release these days are multiple discs.

[/quote] I think people are upset simply because of the principle of things. Switching disks is no problem; but when we're in a time were games are getting much larger and more detailed, people want to experience it more conveniently on 1 disk. Dvd's are slowly starting to show their age and blu ray has been pretty popular for a while now. And it makes no sense for Microsoft to add in a blu ray drive this late into the cycle, maybe their next console will include it. Only first part devs have been able to fully utilize the BD which is a shame because there are games that really could have benefited.

Yeah, it's not the inconvenience part. It's just another reminder of how outdated the 360 & Microsoft's choice of media are.

None of the games I played that have multiple discs caused a burden on me.  Not even the Mass Effect games, I only did one switch on ME3 & on ME2 I recall doing maybe 2 swaps back & forth.

I even got a few benefits from games that have 2 discs, like Dead Space 2 & Mass Effect 3.  Complete the game, give the 2nd disc to a friend & play Multiplayer together, not too bad.

I gather Max Payne will have a lot of cinematic for the story, considering both RDR & GTA didn't require 2 discs.  

I understand why LA Noire needed 3 discs tho.

Two discs is fine there's nothing wrong with that. Gotta get off the couch and change the disk good god no! I could care less if they had 4 discs

I was looking to get it on my PS3 anyway, so multiple discs on the 360 isn't going to be an issue for me.

Had I been more on the fence as to which console I wanted it for, the multiple discs may have pushed me over the edge to the PS3 over the 360.

It's what happened with Dead Space 2, Battlfield 3, LA Noire and Mass Effect 3, and the Metal Gear Solid HD Collection...