Max Payne 3 GoD keeps freezing/crashing

I picked this up when it was on sale a few weeks ago and I've played to about chapter 7. It's frozen on me three times where I actually had to turn the whole console off before I could start again. It happened at random times too. It happened to me on a loading screen, when an achievement popped up and during a shoot-out. 

Help?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 49 Applies to:

Hey.Try going into System settings and click on Storage and click on your HD and clear system catche...

Also you can go into your storage and open the Max payne file and make sure theres no bad files.If there is use your judgement and delete it.But be careful cause you can loose alot of important info...Good luck

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi, I had this problem with mine, as jasper advised clear your cache, and then if possible install it to your hard drive (max payne) that is, and it should resolve the problem, hope it helps.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey Tricky!

My suggestion is going to go along the same lines as the previous two posts, I just wanted to post with more detail (and shiny guides to follow! ^_^).

The first thing I would try is make sure you save your game, then:
-Go to settings, system, storage, then select your hard drive. After that, delete Max Payne from your hard drive (do NOT delete your game saves, if you're unsure on the difference, just skip this step).
-Clear your cache (use this guide: http://support.xbox.com/xbox-360/settings-and-initial-setup/clear-system-cache)
-Restart your console
-Install Max Payne onto your hard drive (hover over your game on the dashboard, press Y to go into options, choose "Install to Hard Drive".)

Give that a try and let us know how it works for you! ^_^ 

Sorry this didn't help.

Alright, I can try this. Only thing is, I don't really want to download another ~15GB worth of data (this is a Games on Demand game).

Another question, does clearing the cache mean every game needs to updated again?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi there! I can answer that for you.

When you clear your system cache, all the games that are on your drive don't need to be updated, as your game saves will still be on your hard drive. Plus, most of your game data is already stored on the hard drive, so re-downloading the game shouldn't be a problem. If there is, just reply to this post and we will get you squared away. Have fun!

Sorry this didn't help.