Max number of players in Multiplayer is 16 :(

Yes its finally confirmed

"Grand Theft Auto Online is a dynamic and persistent online world for 16 players"

This is the only bad thing i can think of, was really wishing for at least 24 players this time around,Still going to be the best game ever tho

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

16 is more than enough.

says saints row kid

So is it 16 in that huge city? So there are multiple cities that we are dropped into? Or is it 16 max for the matches within the city?

Only 16 in that big city doesn't seem like near enough to make it interesting.

16 for the whole map per lobby

GTA 4 has a lower player limit, yet you can get into trouble with other players without a problem. I understand that this map is way bigger than Liberty City, but I am already predicting there will be many jerks out there who will hijack a jet or a helicopter and try to take down other players while they are minding their own business, or while they're committing a heist. One of my biggest pet peeves in GTA 4 to be honest.

^ IV has 16 players max, wow you lil xbox forum kids dont know much

16 is plenty for a game of this scale on this generation's console.

Completely fine with 16.

Who knows, if GTA V is released on next-gen too, it might come with a player-cap increase. 

The PS3/Xbox 360 probably can't handle more players. The PC version of GTA IV can do 32 players at once so it's probably a hardware limit for the consoles. That shouldn't be an issue next gen though.

Previously known as Win7Xbox 360

[quote user="LOL AT UR SKILL"]

The PS3/Xbox 360 probably can't handle more players. The PC version of GTA IV can do 32 players at once so it's probably a hardware limit for the consoles. That shouldn't be an issue next gen though.

[/quote]

The people on this forum are silly; they one star your post if they disagree with what you have to say, even though it is probably true. Hardware limitations kept the Battlefield franchise on consoles to a player count of 24. These consoles have technology from 2005 and are running really high amounts of informations constantly. Limitations have to be imposed somewhere to keep the game fun and not a mess. It is no surprise then that GTA IV and GTA V have 16 players online. I think people are over reacting. 16 seems like way more than enough. This is 1/6 of your friends list.