MAV killers driving me insane. How do you kill the MAV?

I have been playing this game a lot since christmas and loving it. BUT there is one thing in this game that drives me just insane with frustration and is very unbalanced.  The people that use those flying MAVs to kill people.  They hide somewhere on the map and fly these things the ENTIRE game into people killing them over and over and over again.   Usually ending with at least 22/0 or 20/0.  I know the engineer land rocket launcher will lock on but that does not work in tight smaller maps.  So seriously how in the heck do you take those things out!!!!?? 

.

They need to reduce the damage from those MAV. Its just ridiculous that they can 1 hit kill you.  Just ridiculous.  After months of playing this game, its really my only complaint.  But its a huge complaint and huge frustration. Is there some sort of jammer that jams those?? There must be some sort of counter to balance out the 1 hit kill.  Makes me so mad, just cowards that are doing this.

.

Other than that frustration, I still love multiplayer. I only play Conquest and spend most of my time going to the checkpoints and destroying vehicles.   :)

 

Discussion Info


Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I will either:

  • Launch my own MAV to destroy it and any other equipment I can find.
  • Shoot it with small arms, (shotguns and sub machine guns work best for me)
  • As you mentioned, the Stinger.

Of the 3 , I find launching my own MAV to be the easiest and fastest. I don't think people realize you can destroy other equipment with it, lol.

Ok thank you for the reply.  I will keep that in mind and try the recon class. I am usually an engineer 95% of the time. My main focus is usually collecting the objective and destroying any land or air vechicle I see.  The other 5% is usually a medic to heal people in smaller maps.  I dont think I have ever fired a shotgun. Might have to set up a MAV killing character. I had no idea you could kill the MAV with a MAV. Fight fire with fire.  Thanks again. This will help a lot.

I know what you mean man, it's really annoying when people spend the entire match trying to get kills with that silly device. I know this game has become nerf crazy but if the MAV could no longer kill that would force those worthless players to get off their a$$ and attempt to cap a flag.

The UAV in Bad Company 2 was able to roadkill but at least it was only one available at a time and had a respawn timer. 

No prob.

The MAV does require a lock-on, but it's a lot faster lock-on then a stinger.

I think it may be an un-lock so you may have to level it up... I remember getting it really quick though.

Guess I could have looked that up to take out the guess work, lol.

Oh man.......he dead..

Can't agree that MAV operators are useless.  A halfway decent one provides intel to the team by being a mobile motion detect and spotter, and yes contributing kills.  Players have a substantial edge in a firefight if they know where people are hiding and can leverage that knowledge.  And it is ridiculously easy to take them down if people launch their own MAV.  Once the MAV is down the player has to either commit suicide to get a new one or hope someone dropped ammo which seems to be much more rare than it should be.  I've often seen MAVs make a huge difference in a conquest match.

If you try to destroy the MAV with your MAV, make sure you're higher than it so you can get a lock-on.

i have literally never been killed by a mav, dont even know what it sounds like when its commin after ya

It sounds like a weedeater in slow motion.

[quote user="APOCACIDE"]

i have literally never been killed by a mav, dont even know what it sounds like when its commin after ya

[/quote]...it's a radio controlled flying box fan.....and sounds like a box fan....weighs a few pounds, and has a 'breakneck' cruising speed of like 5mph.....whoooo lethal!.....your average Wham-O frisbee is faster and would strike with more force

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.