Matchmaking Changes?

Before the patch, I was always matched with people with 200+ SPM from all over the country. Since the patch, SPM varies from very low to very high, and most of the people I'm matched with are local (I'm in Kentucky and most people are from KY, OH, IN.) Anyone else seeing this? Something definitely has changed, and my connection seems to have improved greatly because of it (not to mention a healthy increase in K/D)

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Core modes "matchmake" via ping and latency (which would be better connections of people close to you).

Man, I don't want to play against Puerto Ricans...

PR people are the worst. They're so cocky.

-

English people are docile, though.

-

Can't wait to play with local Floridians. Lots a' Cubanos and lots a' Puerto Ricans.

Before the patch, I was matched with people with  >200 SPMs, sometimes from the west coast or England.  It was most definitely skill-based.

the comments from David Vonderhaar on Twitter below:

“You can change your Matchmaking search preferences when selecting a Playlist to join with the X/Square/Keyboard shortcut. This places an upper limit on the ping/latency of the lobby/game you will join. Read the descriptions carefully. You may end up waiting a long time and possibly never finding a lobby. It’s the Internet. Things change fast. Hosts can migrate, an upstream ISP drops a routing table. Whatever. But, I assure you, at the time of the search, it’s putting you in the best lobby it can from the available search results. No matter what you forum post you read or what YT video you watched, connection is king at all times above all other criteria. We continue to evaluate improvements to matchmaking. Anything in the game that generates more traffic than it should, will get beat down.  Link-----http://www.examiner.com/article/treyarch-responds-to-more-black-ops-2-online-matchmaking-complaints

DeveneyInteractive @DeveneyInteract 24 Oct 12 @SANS__ @DavidVonderhaar Yo Vahn? It's next week.... Any news on the Locale Preference? That will determine how many copies I pre-order.

David Vonderhaar

✔@DavidVonderhaar @DeveneyInteract @SANS__ Yes. It is in and being tested. Not region based anymore. Latency/ping based exclusively.

LInk-----www.pcgamer.com/.../black-ops-2-matchmaking-ping-latency

-----Need more?

yep im from OKC and last night i was seeing alot of ppl from OK

If that's the case, why were players always above 200 SPM before the patch, and now there's a variety?  I was almost always at the bottom of the leaderboard in every lobby.  Do you have proof there is not skill-based matchmaking?

Matchmaking is based on skill.

NO, core modes have never been and are NOT skill based NOR rank based at any level. Its all random with the exception of connections. League Play is matchmade off of wins and losses ONLY.