match searching issue

I start multiplayer on black ops  1, select my match, then sit and wait for matchmaker to do absolutely nothing...  I'll sit there for what seems like an eternity before giving up.  When I do happen tog et  get in a match, I am red bar and lagging like a ****(i.e bullets and knife strikes not registering)..... Same with MW3...

I had read somewhere that this maybe COD server issue and wanted to know if this is a fact or hype...

Is this a COD FUBAR, or is it something on my end,,,,,,,

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

i would say check your settings and on your end, i play on there all the time and it loads in seconds, every once in a while some one that is red baring in the game will cause others to bog as well, maybe if the host has bad connection it is causing your bog problem, but i would start with checking everything on your end and your connection settings.

I seem to do better when I join other ppl's games in my recent players list..

are you playing wirelessly or hard wired? maybe your internet provider is having issues?

I would suggest restarting your modem and router and see if that helps. Also make sure your router is in the right place (near your xbox without anything large between them).

EM1: I typically use wired but occasionally switch to wireless to see where the problem is....

Saytan: I have no way to get the combo mmodem/router into my room, there is no phoneline in there...

hey Bro i am also having the same problem..  i heard that changing NAT type to open would fix this but That aslo didn't work.......i am also fed up with this problem..and i cant even fix it till now....

Hey bro I found the Solution for this..You should go to ur routers settings page and then u should setup port triggering to the following ports    Port 88 (UDP)

Port 3074 (UDP and TCP)

Port 53 (UDP and TCP)

Port 80 (TCP)

and u should also enable upnp....this solved my problem hope its useful for u tooooo....