Mass Effect1 on Insanity

What class should I use on my first Insanity playthrough? I normally play as an adept because I've had the most experience  with it but which is the easiest? Also, how many playthroughs on casual should I do before I attempt Insanity? I was planning on changing the difficulty as soon as I reach level60.

Will the Hardcore achievement pop up even if I do it on Insanity? What are the best weapons? I need all of the info I can get.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

You won't be able to even attempt 'Insanity' without doing a 'Hardcore' playthrough first.  Finishing the game on 'Hardcore' unlocks the 'Insanity' option.  I am currently doing a 'Hardcore' playthrough with a Level 60 Soldier without much problems.  A 'Hardcore' playthrough will most likely prepare us for 'Insanity' better than any number of 'Veteran' runs.

I am doing mine right now with my Level 60 Soldier and its been a cake walk so far. I ran into a little trouble when I had to go negotiate with that one guy in the Plutus system for  admiral Hackett I got ahead of myself and went guns blazing and iI got my quantum singularity wrecked by them lol  I did it again and was more careful and completed the mission.

[quote user="Arkham99"]

You won't be able to even attempt 'Insanity' without doing a 'Hardcore' playthrough first.  Finishing the game on 'Hardcore' unlocks the 'Insanity' option.  I am currently doing a 'Hardcore' playthrough with a Level 60 Soldier without much problems.  A 'Hardcore' playthrough will most likely prepare us for 'Insanity' better than any number of 'Veteran' runs.

[/quote]Honestly, anything thing level 55+ should make Insanity a cake-walk thanks to the weapons/armour/upgrades that you'll carry over with you.

Insanity on ME1 really isn't difficult at all no matter what class you choose, but Adept/Soldier probably have the easiest time.

If you really want a "fun" challenge, once you complete an Insanity playthrough with a NG+ character, try it with a completely new character - you'll be lucky to make it off Eden Prime without braking your controller or TV

I still have to play ME1 on Insanity, though if it is anything like ME2, it should be possible. Just would take a long time with every battle.

I'm a hardcore Infiltrator so I've always recommend it to everyone,

It has a well rounded set of tech powers which you can top with hacking once unlocked or go the shotgun route to deal with anything that gets too close.

Also as others had said any NG+ playthrough with a 50+ class will be cherries...

Yeah I agree Adept and Soldier are the two classes that would be easiest to do. The thing is I actually did Insanity from level 1. It is possible, just make sure you do a lot of side quests so you're more than ready to participate in the main story and main boss battles. In ME1 you have all your powers to use one after the next compared to ME2 where you can only use one power at a time. This is a huge advantage and take full advantage of this fact.

Game Student

Adept with Lift makes Insanity a joke. None of my team took anything but shield damage on my adept. Just use anything that takes enemies out of the equation and renders them useless such as Lift, Warp, and Throw. To bad they did not bring Lift along into Mass Effect 2. Hopefully it will make a come back in Mass Effect 3.

I remember I completed the Insanity playthrough with a level 60 soldier character and it was more than easy. It's really not difficult at all.

I can also add, now I am playing Mass Effect 2 at Insane and even there, it's a bit more challenging (also because you don't start with a level 30 character) but not so difficult as I expected.

From what I have seen, and from past experience, you don't want to play as an Adept on Insanity. Soldiers seems to be the most logical choice on both games. I'll have to give ME1 a shot one day on insanity.