Mass Effect: Genesis Question

So, at some point I want to play through ME3 in the future when all the DLC is out. But I'd like to play with different major decisions. Love interest, who dies and so on. But a lot of this is tied down with the last 2 games. Now I'm fine with replaying ME2 again since I can breeze through that, but ME1 is pretty big to 100% and I've already played it so many times I've lost count.

-

Now, Mass Effect: Genesis gives you some of the big choices but then it ignores a lot of the side stuff. But I saw this on the ME Wiki:

"If you used Mass Effect: Genesis to customize your Mass Effect 2 playthrough with Mass Effect story decisions on the Xbox 360, and you then want to do additional Mass Effect 2 playthroughs by importing your initial Mass Effect 2 save games, you should delete Mass Effect: Genesis before attempting to start the new playthrough. If you don’t, the game will force you through the interactive comic even though you’re importing an earlier Mass Effect 2 playthrough."

-

Now I'm pretty sure this won't work but, is there any chance this doesn't wipe overwrite the save you picked but rather it overwrites those decisions made in the comic while keeping the rest intact. So I could pick my Shepard then use Genesis to change those key decisions. I'm 99% this doesn't work but I thought I'd check and see. Anyone ever try it out?

-

Wish they'd bring out a more in depth version. Just text and pictures explaining, like the Codex. Then you pick all the different choices and what you did or didn't do.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

SPOILER ALERT:

When choosing to import a save, you overwrite the decisions that are automatically made by the developers. for example, if you do not import a save from ME1 when playing ME2, you will not have the choice to spare or kill certain characters, such as Wrex, Ashley/Kaiden

[quote user="Static Jak"]

Now, Mass Effect: Genesis gives you some of the big choices but then it ignores a lot of the side stuff. But I saw this on the ME Wiki:

"If you used Mass Effect: Genesis to customize your Mass Effect 2 playthrough with Mass Effect story decisions on the Xbox 360, and you then want to do additional Mass Effect 2 playthroughs by importing your initial Mass Effect 2 save games, you should delete Mass Effect: Genesis before attempting to start the new playthrough. If you don’t, the game will force you through the interactive comic even though you’re importing an earlier Mass Effect 2 playthrough."

[/quote]

I have ME:G and when I import an ME1 game I don't get the comic at all, so perhaps this is old information. My goal was to keep the face I'd made but have some new decisions. I had to start a new ME2 game to get the comic to show up. I feel, personally, it does quite well but can't cover everything. It does cover the love interest, the Rachni queen, who dies on Virmir (including Wrex) and if the Council lives or dies.