Mass Effect: Genesis 2 now available

They snuck this out the door didn't they http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Mass-Effect-Genesis-2/62446ba7-6e72-4be8-9785-9ac49f73d8f6.

320 but it'll let folk who just want to try a new Shepard in ME3 get a richer story. 

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Not that interest for this DLC is going through the roof or anything, but here's an outline of what decisions can be made to alter your ME3 experience  masseffect.wikia.com/.../Mass_Effect:_Genesis_2  I'm disappointed that Maelon's Data being destroyed or not isn't among them, but it's also nice that certain things, such as Padok Wiks & Mordin Solus' survival, are rewarded to only those who commit to a complete playthrough...:-)

I have an appreciation for the artwork as well, very consistent with the comics which are excellent, in my opinion...:-)

I Loved the artwork in 1 so 2 looks will be just as good.. but I love this "cash Grab" simply because I don't have to play the first 2 again to make the choices I want again but a little differently... I also Have a TON of Mass effect 1 saves and Mass effect 2 saves to actually remember which is which so it makes it easier to get the story I want :)

It's a cash grab, nothing more. It's a way to get uber fans to spend more money & casuals to get the 'full' experience... by spending more money.

No more DLC eh?  I'll probably get this (bought the first one too) but I'm curious about the reasons for it becoming available in the first place, after all its original inception was due to PS3 players missing out on extra story elements because of not having the first game available to them, which of course is no longer the case.  Hopefully, there will be a little more to it than the first Genesis by way of more choices...:-)

[quote user="Arkham99"]I'm curious about the reasons for it becoming available in the first place,[/quote]It was originally for the Wii U version of ME3.

People on Nintendo's console don't have the first two games. 

I just downloaded the "Genesis 2 DLC" and I am currently installing Disc 2 (I only installed Disc 1 just for the multiplayer).  I only played my imported female Shepard through once and I then spent what I would estimate to currently be 900 hours plus of ME3 Multiplayer.  My focus is on the romance options with this DLC rather than the full ME Trilogy experience (as I would play each game completely over again for this).  I'm going to have to let my console cool down for 30 minutes after the installation.  Have a nice day or afternoon or night everyone!  :)

I would probably pick this up next week (when I get more MS Points) because I got the first Genesis DLC specifically to enjoy the artwork.  Why would I do this you ask?  I love to draw  :)  I can't draw people though becuase of the proportion issues.  I can draw mecha (like Gundam, Neon Genesis Evangelion), dragons, demons, animals, space ships, and landscapes  :)  However, there is way too much stuff that Genesis 1 & 2 doesn't take into account (I understand the limitations of fitting tons of material.  If Genesis 1 & 2 were at least 2 hours long each, then this shouldn't be any issue at all), that is why I would rather play Mass Effect 1 and Mass Effect 2 all over again just to get specific events / decisions for Mass Effect 3  :)  Have an nice day or afternoon or night everyone!  :)

I totally agree with you "Deaths Head 200"  :)  The only reason that I would use Genesis 1 and 2 for Mass Effect 3 is if I wanted to experience the romantic cutscenes with different romance options besides my favorite female Shepard and Liara couple  :)  Other than that, I would rather play through Mass Effect 1 and 2 all over again just to get the proper story decisions / influences for Mass Effect 3.  Furthermore, I find it more fulfilling to play through Mass Effect 1 and 2 all over again anyways for the romance / decisions because the original Mass Effect Trilogy is so awesome!  :)

As always, amazing artwork!  :)  The combined comic collection of Genesis 1 and 2 is absolutely awesome!  :)  I will need to reserve some time in the future to re-play to entire trilogy all over again  :)