Mass Effect contiunes after ME3

http://www.strategyinformer.com/news/13140/bioware-wants-to-continue-the-mass-effect-franchise-after-me3

Mass Effect 3 doesn't bring the end for the franchise when it's released in March next year, as Bioware plans to continue the series, but it isn't sure how yet.

“Certainly the setting has really resonated with people, the type of aliens in the world, the type of people that inhabit space,” said BioWare founder Greg Zeschuk

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

That is great news! I just got into the Mass Effect series and I am looking forward to the future games.

Previously known as Win7Xbox 360

I'm impressed on how popular Mass Effect has become.  I really enjoy the franchise & hope to see it continue on.  As of right now i'm just waiting on word for a Co-operative mode being added to Mass Effect 3.  Maybe that is the reason it has been delayed & not because they are afraid to compete with Skyrim, MW3 or Uncharted 3 sales.

I would've been pissed if it didn't continue after Mass Effect 3. It's a very rich universe with some fantastic stories. I'd hate it if I couldn't learn more about it.

Thats cool with me.  I love this franchise.

I'm assuming that ME3 is going to be about the defense against the first wave of Reapers and the start of the counter-attack. ME4 would probably be about invading Reaper territory and actually learning about the Reaper race and their agenda.

I'm excited about what they come up with next but please, no co-op in Mass Effect 3. Save the gameplay changes for once Shepard's story is over.

They probably won't admit it, but they will have been working on it for a while andd they will have some sort of idea of where they want the franchise to go next.

Considering what Bioware has done with Mass Effect, I would have been perfectly happy had it not continued after the first one.

Well OG I kind of agree. The ending for the first Mass Effect was perfect and could have easily have ended there.

However Mass Effect 2 is obviously designed to be the middle part of a trilogy.

I think of them like A New Hope and the Empire Strike Back. Most people consider Empire to be the better of the two, yet as a movie on its own merit it doesn't stand up too well because much of it relies on you having seen New Hope.

That is where Mass Effect 2 falls down for me. A great game but an empty experience if you've not played the first.

[quote user="voteDC"]

Well OG I kind of agree. The ending for the first Mass Effect was perfect and could have easily have ended there.

However Mass Effect 2 is obviously designed to be the middle part of a trilogy.

I think of them like A New Hope and the Empire Strike Back. Most people consider Empire to be the better of the two, yet as a movie on its own merit it doesn't stand up too well because much of it relies on you having seen New Hope.

That is where Mass Effect 2 falls down for me. A great game but an empty experience if you've not played the first.

[/quote]

Actually, I just didn't like the gameplay of ME2. I wasn't overly impressed with the first ME (I liked but didn't love it), but ME2 removed/simplified/dumbed-down too many elements that made it an RPG. If I wanted a semi-mindless shooter, I could have just walked into any game store, went to the 360 section, closed my eyes and randomly grabbed a game off the shelf. The percentage of mindless 360 shooters is already overwhelming. I shouldn't run the risk of coming away with one when purchasing what is supposed to be an RPG.