Mass Effect 3 Xbox theme?

When can we expect a good theme for Mass Effect 3? A lot of the star games at E3 already have some themes, we just need a good one for Mass 3 now...

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 11 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Unfortunately, every time I have attempted to make a thread about this issue some idiot mod takes it upon themselves to delete it.  

[quote user="Pakalolo Time"]

I would get the theme if it was free but after this latest dashboard update, premium themes have been rendered pretty much useless.  Why pay 240MSP when you can't even see the damn thing because it is blocked by ads?

[/quote]Indeed. I haven't bought a theme since Microsoft decided a few years ago to go with the "blocks" and that gray "blob" or whatever that is that covers half the bottom of the screen.  And with this last update, the blocks of advertisements cover 70-80% of the stupid screen as it's so littered with unwanted ads.  I miss the old blades dashboard they had when 360 first came out.  the menus were far easier to navigate and were transparent, allowing us to have a full view of our themed wallpapers.

I would get the theme if it was free but after this latest dashboard update, premium themes have been rendered pretty much useless.  Why pay 240MSP when you can't even see the damn thing because it is blocked by ads?

[View:https://c193490.ssl.cf1.rackcdn.com/xbox/better-with-kinect/prize_5.jpg]

will they have or are going to have a Mass Effect 3 renegade and paragon skin and faceplate and it looks SICK

sorry the pic is small

im not really tryin to make it myself. im just comin up with a blueprint i can hand someone that knows what to do with it. several vendors on ebay will make a custom skin for you, ive contacted one about mine already

That's cool and awesome he got hired finally, his work is stunning. I was beginning to wonder if they, BioWare, would ever latch onto him after all the great artwork he has shown.

I'd put your creation up on dA regardless. I've seen some pretty bad pieces on there, so surely yours won't be any worse haha. I say that with respect as if I were to put something on there, I would simply just be ashamed of myself. :/

Yeah I was planning on upgrading to a 360S pretty soon, but I might as well just wait until my current Arcade unit burns out on me which at this point who knows when that will be as I haven't had any problems with it for over two years now, so we'll see.

Olejniczak's work is amazing: im actually waiting to see if Patryk adds a liara print to his Mass Effect series, if he uses lotsb liara imma be hard pressed not to use it. he just got hired by bioware after winning the fan art contest at SDCC

my 360S skin is still a WiP but last night i came up w/ a decent bluerpint: im tempted to post it on dA but its so awful i cant bear to let anyone see it. i just need something to show what i want; i hate explaining myself

id love to see an ME3 bundle from microsoft but im in the market for a 360S right now, dont really have time to wait for the gears 3 bundle to drop. imma upgrade a 4gig 360S to 120gb w/ my old 360 hdd and be done w/ it

[quote user="Red Son Rising"]

im mostly upgrading to the slim to get rid of the old hardware, i just cant deal with another RRoD this year. gettin a 4gb slim because even if do need the exta hdd space i can use my old 120gb xbox hdd for free [thanks youtube] and by trading my old console im only spending $100-$125

i like the mass effect skin above but im tryin to avoid designs like that. im more interested in a themed approach ala the gear of war 3 and star wars kinect bundles. that and the only male shep i use looks just like Barack O Bama, theres no way im splashing the default shep on anything

the main issue im running up against is that im not a graphic designer, i dont have the necessary tools and what i do use has to run on a nearly 5yr old white macbook with 1gb of RAM. i been thinkin bout commissioning someone from dA or paying extra to get a custom skin made off ebay

any ideas? im running out of good ones myself... 

[/quote]I was speaking along the lines of the Gears 3, Star Wars bundle console designs for something for Mass Effect 3 too.

I'm perfectly fine with a default Male Shep being splashed on the console, but I would honestly rather have a depiction of the Reapers invading Earth and causing destruction to be the focal point of the design on the console. Since the Reaper invasion is more than likely going to be one of the bigger moments in Mass Effect 3 from the very start and would probably offer much more "art" design to it instead of a depiction of Shep himself in my opinion.

I'm no graphic designer either, I'm just a typical computer techie who troubleshoots software/hardware issues. I'm terrible at any photo editing software such as Photoshop or what I use which is Corel's PaintShop Photo Pro. But every now and then I'll try my hand at a piece and try to design something. It never ends up how I want it and usually always trash it after 5 minutes lol.

Commissioning someone from dA for example might not be such a bad idea.

If it was at all possible I would personally try to get the help from someone like Patryk Olejniczak, which you can see some of his work on dA and here as well, as I find it to be pretty stunning for the most part.

The possibility of that would more than likely be extremely minimal but one can wish right?

im mostly upgrading to the slim to get rid of the old hardware, i just cant deal with another RRoD this year. gettin a 4gb slim because even if do need the exta hdd space i can use my old 120gb xbox hdd for free [thanks youtube] and by trading my old console im only spending $100-$125

i like the mass effect skin above but im tryin to avoid designs like that. im more interested in a themed approach ala the gear of war 3 and star wars kinect bundles. that and the only male shep i use looks just like Barack O Bama, theres no way im splashing the default shep on anything

the main issue im running up against is that im not a graphic designer, i dont have the necessary tools and what i do use has to run on a nearly 5yr old white macbook with 1gb of RAM. i been thinkin bout commissioning someone from dA or paying extra to get a custom skin made off ebay

any ideas? im running out of good ones myself...