Mass Effect 3: Take Earth Back trailer

Spankin' new CG trailer. The Reapers look pretty cool.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vs7kix6_8Ks

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I admit, I don't like the idea of children (even if they are just cgi etc) being shown in dire situations like this... but the overall quality of the vid is spectacular. Rather Halo'esque in some aspects, particularly with the Mako's and Hammerhead's moving out and all the soldiers walking out of the fog behind Shepard and Ashley.

-

Definately get the feeling of all out combat with it...

very awesome, can't wait for Tuesday's extended cut. love these cgi trailers, makes me wonder why more game movies aren't made in cg, or at least anime. Ashley looks really off in cg though.

[quote user="Deaths Head 200"]

I admit, I don't like the idea of children (even if they are just cgi etc) being shown in dire situations like this...

[/quote]
It seems to be an unfortunate part of modern gaming trends. You can show buildings and cities with thousands to millions of people getting wiped out and the average gamer will just shrug... seen it before... move on.
-
You imply a kid is getting taken out and suddenly it's an emotional experience.

It's not like you'll be killing children in the game (wouldn't mind taking out some of the ones in Skyrim though).  

I even think that kid in the demo isn't really there.  He disappears from the vent and no one helps him onto the ship.  Something tells me he's like a ghost or a vision Sheppard is having.

War is War.  People die.  Wondering if they'll have a dog in the extended version of the trailer.

I know what you mean Korahn 27, and while I can understand it... doesn't mean I have to like it. I admit I share your same feelings towards the kids in Skyrim though... So tempted to go all Lycan and play 'Who Cried Wolf?' with them.

It was nice but I don't like CGI trailers.

-

The one for Dead Island for example was brilliant but the actual game turned out to be mediocre at best.

-

On a side note it was great to see the Mako in there.

I think it's supposed to show the mercilessness of Reapers... they don't care at all whether they're killing children, women, civilians or anything else organic.

You kinda get that when the cities are being leveled... or at least you should.

I was expecting to see a tiny Husk. That would have done it for me. Still cool though.

[quote user="Korahn 27"]

It's not like you'll be killing children in the game (wouldn't mind taking out some of the ones in Skyrim though).  

I even think that kid in the demo isn't really there.  He disappears from the vent and no one helps him onto the ship.  Something tells me he's like a ghost or a vision Sheppard is having.

War is War.  People die.  Wondering if they'll have a dog in the extended version of the trailer.

[/quote]This is likely...since everybody knows that there aren't any children in the Mass Effect universe.