Mass Effect 3- No New Relationships

According to Bioware.

"Up until now, Mass Effect has been about shooting bad guys and sowing your wild oats. In the series' third game, however, your oats will be planted in more familiar ground.

BioWare has told PC Gamer that there are no new romance options in Mass Effect 3, the emphasis in the final game being on resolving the relationships you made in the first two titles.

"So this is more about how you, if you're a new player, how you start these romances with the existing characters" says BioWare's Casey Hudson. "If you've had relationships with previous characters, then it's your opportunity to resolve those. And again, it's in the context of a ‘World War II'-type setting, so you don't really know if you're going to survive, or what kind of a world is going to live beyond the story. So it's kind of that situation."

What can make that more interesting is the creation of some serious love triangles between your current and former flames. If my playthrough is only memorable for one thing, please let it be fisticuffs between Liara and Miranda."

Bummer, was looking forward seeing if Bioware could top Miranda. I hope I can convince both Ashely and Miranda in some Shepard-Time.

[Basic]

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

i think its good to focus on the existing characters, well the choice between Liara & Tali, that is if Liara is part of the main campaign.

Ashley and Miranda are just simpletons, my character makes no time for them :p

Well, at least I'll recognize the people then? :p

I think I should finish 2 first though....

That is just fine for me, saying as I would actually like to see a relationship develop further in Mass Effect.

I won't have a chance to see a triangle effect in any playthrough unless you can try a new relationship that will cause friction with your love interest from ME2. Main reason being I haven't chosen Ashley or Liara in my ME playthroughs, because both of them annoy the hell out of me.

I think Shephard won't have time to romance if he plans to save Earth. :)

Im happy about that. This is the end of this particular trilogy and I dont really want any loose ends.  I have things to resolve with Miranda, Ashley, Kaidan, and Liara with four diff characters. Thats enough for me.  A new interest would just take too long and we only have one more game for Shepard. Im all for a little bit more of the casual stuff though, ala jack...

Ya its good they wont be throwing more of those in there. I loved that one minute teaser trailer for ME 3 it was superb. I cant wait for this game. Still want to play through ME 1 and 2 with more different characters choosing different options.

They have announced since then that there will be same *** relationships for male Shepard... so...

^  That's just what i was thinking.  There are obviously new relationship options.

They've also mention there'll be less party members than what was in 2. Which is all great as far as I'm concerned. Was actually one of my requests for ME3. So far so good.

I liked the amount of party members in ME 2, gave lots of options because lots of people will play differntly and want different characters. I liked lots of them , I liked Zaeed, Kasumi, mordin, jack, miranda, thane samara and even grunt now and then.