Mass Effect 3 is

Gears of War with conversation choices. Fun demo and I'll pick it up as soon as it goes on sale for $40 but the gameplay is a complete copycat of Gears now.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 9 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

You make it sound like it's a bad thing.

...Still not as good as mass effect 1

It's turned into an action shooter now, meh

Don't listen to the OP he's not objective at all. Just because it has a cover system doesn't make it like Gears. Gears did not invent that. They also didn't invent the "horde" idea either. Fail topic.

I agree it's not like Gears but it is a bit of a dissapointment, it just feels like ME2 only a bit worse. It needs to go back to the original mass effect which in my opinion is far better than them both.

So its nothing like Gears even though they completely copied the cover system and the "roll" by mapping everything to the A button? The only differences in the games now are conversation choices and 1 game lets you pause the action to change weapons.

[quote user="UnyoBro"]

Don't listen to the OP he's not objective at all. Just because it has a cover system doesn't make it like Gears. Gears did not invent that. They also didn't invent the "horde" idea either. Fail topic.

[/quote]

This. Gears wishes it could be Mass Effect.

[quote user="SubZeroChief23"]So its nothing like Gears even though they completely copied the cover system and the "roll" by mapping everything to the A button?[/quote]What's wrong with a game using something that another game also uses?

You can't say its a copy of Gears just because running/cover/rolling is the A button, thats like saying every single racing game is a copy because your in a car and use RT to drive and LT to brake..

I never said there was anything wrong with copying. But people actually implying that ME3 is not a Gears ripoff are in denial.

Who plays ME for the combat?  IF that was the case I would have stopped playing after the second or third battle.  The fact that they are trying to make the combat as good as the rest of the game seems like a good thing to me.