Mass Effect 3 E3 Kinect Demo

For those who had missed it live, like myself even though I've been watching the entire thing so who knows, here's

the Mass Effect 3 Kinect-featured demo.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Personally my biggest issue with Kinnect is that hideous banner they tack on the front of the box. Although a Collector's Edition purchase would solve that.. Hmm

That was some nice investigatory work!

[quote user="Schuey19"][quote user="AbsoluteApril"]was he giving the order to Garrus[/quote]I watched it a number of times, and I can't see Shepard come out of cover to fire the CS, nor can I see a trail coming from him either, and if you see where he puts Garrus into cover (directly in his line-of-sight) I have to assume Garrus took the shot but I could be wrong - wouldn't be the first or last time.

[/quote]

confirmed, you are correct. He orders Garrus up and left, then Shepard passes behind Garrus and goes farther to the left. in this screen capture you can see the flare coming from Garrus who is to the right, Shepard is standing to the left side of the screen and his gun fire would have flashed from the far left side.

pretty excited to be able to order squadmates but not too sure about dialogue scenes..

I actually really like it. It makes me feel like a Jimmeny Cricket type. Like I am a voice in Shepards head, and then s/he brings it to life. I will also be using it for power usage. No need to stop the action anymore.

And to you guys dissing Kinect. I respect your opinion, but I would get used to motion gaming. Kinect integration is likely to be small time compared to what is likely going to happen in the future of gaming. The newest generation of gamers is growing up on Motion gaming. And when they reach the age where they are going to buy their own games, you can bet on them mostly being motion gaming. So enjoy your time with games that have no Kinect integration. I believe their times are short.

[quote user="pierricbross"]

It seemed to me that the dialogue options Shepherd spoke were almost follow-ons from what you said.

In the demo it wasn't 'But don't do this' with shepherd saying 'don't do that'. It was 'but don't do this' with shepherd saying 'it's wrong!'

To me I pieced that together as 'but don't do this. it's wrong!' rather than an isolated statement. however that was only from the speeches we were shown. the full game could have many conflicting moments instead.

[/quote]

that's how I understood it as well. doing this in the prior games also works a lot of the time except when the 'investigate' option is chosen because the options are topics instead of statements; and a few times it would cause Shepard to repeat himself. I can't wait to try it out in ME3.

[quote] Originally by Dr Pillz redux

This is obviously Bioware trying to stay on good terms with Microsoft, so they're working on a gimmick that could be done without Kinect. But hey, Microsoft needs to have some use for that worthless piece of hardware.[/quote]

More than likely EA telling BioWare what to do.

This is obviously Bioware trying to stay on good terms with Microsoft, so they're working on a gimmick that could be done without Kinect. But hey, Microsoft needs to have some use for that worthless piece of hardware.

After watching that vid here's my thoughts:

Not bad I admit... but wouldn't the headset be a better choice to issue commands, instead of buying another peripheral? I don't like the Kinect at all, and to get the full experience from ME3, I don't want to spend more money on something I don't want.

Apart from that though, the actual footage was pretty good... Glad I preorded the N7 Collector's Edition.

They'll have their ears pressed up against the walls when yer male Shepard romances Kaidan...:-)