Mass Effect 3: Citadel DLC problems

I have purchased the Citadel DLC on XBox Live.  I followed the instructions and downloaded parts 1 and 2.  The first time, only one showed up on my HD even though I downloaded both (part 2 of 2, 2GB is the only one that was visible).  But, there was 3.9GB less space than before I downloaded both parts so I counted it a win.  The next time I played, when opening the galaxy screen, an error message told me I could not play Citadel because I still needed to download part 1.  Fine, I was only at the beginning of Act 1 and knew I had time before I could play any Citadel anyway.  I checked my active downloads and nothing appeared so I assumed it wasn't just incomplete.  I tried to download part 1 again and it warned me that I had already downloaded it but I chose to download it again anyway, though I had to store it on my flash drive until I cleared HD space.  So, there it was again, Citadel Part 1 of 2 downloading in progress.  This time I watched the whole 45 minutes it took to download to make sure it finished.  When it did, I double checked on the storage device and lo and behold, it says Citadel part 2 of 2.  Frustrating.  

I thought this might just be a glitch so I checked the forums.  Turns out others are having the same issue.  I followed some advice.  I deleted both.  Cleared enough space on my HD for both parts and started over again, watching painfully as they both downloaded again.  No dice, only part 2 of 2 visible only this time I could no longer start the game and log-in to the EA server (it just froze while checking downloadable content).  So now I could not play.  Deleted both parts again from my HD and downloaded parts 1 and 2 onto my flash drive.  Same issue, only part 2 of 2 is visible and I cannot log in and play.

I read that maybe I should try to download just part 2 again, so I did - that did not work.  I read that I should clear the system cache on all my storage devices, so I did - that did not work.  Presently, I have deleted all visible parts of Citadel from all storage devices and cleared all caches.  I have downloaded Part 1 (though it says Part 2 still) and am watching as Part 2 is downloading.

I am not hopeful as this seems to be a ridiculous problem to have in the first place.  I mean, I get it - the DLC was so big it had to be split into two parts.  So what?  That shouldn't be difficult for the super techs at Microsoft right?  RIGHT?  Or is it that with a no refund policy for DLC and tech support that comes from regular players instead of company reps there is no real incentive for the business of Microsoft to care one way or another that this insanely stupid problem happens in the first place?

Oh, and if this problem turns out to not really be a problem and say, all I have to do is keep playing and the Citadel content will become available when the time is right in the game why on Earth would you still not want to fix the problem that poses so much confusion and for the game to freeze on startup?  How hard could it be to simply fix it so that Parts 1 and 2 show up where and when they are supposed to?  There would be no confusion for little no-nothing non-tech people like me who just want to turn on my game and forget that I have to live and work with crazy people all day.  

OK.  I'm done ranting...but still waiting for the Part 2 to finish downloading and hoping I can play my game again someday...

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 272 Applies to:

Mine is doing something similar:

forums.xbox.com/.../513419.aspx

And evidently we're not the only ones:

http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/xbox_support/f/27/t/498078.aspx

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Yeah.  I tried the many options and just now have finished downloading Part 1 AND Part 2.  They are both listed on my HD drive now.  However, I can no longer play the game.  Whenever I try to start it, the menu pops up, I am logged in to the EA servers, but the screen stays frozen on "checking downloadable content..." with the little loading disc spinning in the corner.  I've let it sit there for twenty minutes and nothing changes.  No solution for this yet.   Truly awesome.  

Did clearing the caches and re-downloading work for you?

Sorry this didn't help.

Not sure yet. Just got done cleaning and deleting everything and just started to redownload Part 1. It's actually downloading now so so far it's better than before.

Sorry this didn't help.

Any luck with this?

Sorry this didn't help.

I'm having the same problem with this DLC and Leviathon.  I'm going to delete & download both again now...

Sorry this didn't help.

Hmmm, what the hey!  Can you guys try removing your HDD and downloading it straight to a USB drive in the proper order?

Sorry this didn't help.

Did you ever resolve this problem?

I am having similar issues and it is making me crazy!!!!

I need help!

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi lolo,

Can you create a new thread in this same forum with as many details of your issue as possible? That will allow us to best assist you!

Sorry this didn't help.

I am also having this same issue. :( - I am just now getting around to playing it because i'vs been so bussy with  college, I have a couple weeks left before fall semester. kcks in...

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there ERIK SLADER 713!

Please go ahead and create a new thread if you haven't already.  This way we can provide support specifically tailored to you.  Be sure to include the details of the issue as well as any troubleshooting steps that you have tried.  Thanks in advance!

Sorry this didn't help.