Mass Effect 3 Citadel DLC-MAJOR DOWNLOAD PROBLEM

I purchased the ME3 DLC "The Citadel" last night and immediately downloaded it.  When it was downloaded, I loaded up the game, went to the starmap and it tells me that I haven't downloaded part 2.  Well, in my downloads it says that I already have part 2, but not part 1.  I go to try and re-download part 1, and it says that it already exists!  I go back into the game and have the same problem. 

When I delete the DLC off my XBOX and re-download, I have the same problem all over again.

What is going on here and why is this such a problem?  If this is going to be an atypical DLC download, the exact process for install needs to be spelled out at purchase time.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 520 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Same thing happened with me and I think I have found a solution to the problem. This may sound crazy, but try downloading Mass Effect 3: Citadel (2 of 2) again. That's what I'm trying right now and it shows up on my storage device as two separate things. The question for you is, are both parts showing up on your Hard drive?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

It is a lttle messed up. but Nick is right,you need to download part 2 again.Thats what worked for me.

Sorry this didn't help.

At least you were able to download it. Every time I try to download it, my Xbox freezes, crashes and re-starts. Spent half the day yesterday with Xbox tech support who couldn't figure out why

Sorry this didn't help.

I can't even find part 2 as a separate item...

Sorry this didn't help.

my problem i the same but the parts are swapped. it tells me that i only have part two installed when in actuality all i had installed was part one. I tried uninstalling it and then reinstalling both parts but it tells me the exact same thing,

Sorry this didn't help.

As reported by some gaming industry blogs, the Xbox marketplace has limits on the size of downloadable content and due to the size of the Citadel release it needs to be “purchased” in two parts.   Part 1 of the DLC is the piece of the content that charges the customer for 1200 points, and the other piece is released for free, but * both * pieces of DLC needs to be purchased and downloaded in order for the DLC to function properly.

Sorry this didn't help.

I had a similar issue. I downloaded both parts, and when I went to play, it said I was missing part two, yet only 2 of 2 showed up in my Mass Effect folder. So I tried to re-download part 1, but it wouldn't work. I deleted all of the Citadel DLC from my hard drive and have downloaded them again, yet still I get the same message, what am I doing wrong? I've never had a problem with any other DLC before, thankfully.

Sorry this didn't help.

First, I'm sorry I don't know how to edit my post, but SaintNick117, I just wanted to say thank-you. That fixed my problem. =>

Sorry this didn't help.

i'm having the exact same problem, but i read all the replies to this post so i'm downloading part 2 again to see what happens. hope it works! >o<

Sorry this didn't help.

I've  been going around in circles for about an hour and a half... yeah! only Microsoft gets away with this kind of stuff. I downloaded it a second time then it worked!!!

Remember we are just a bunch of testers,  the person who oversees this blog is not allowed to worry about how much time we wast as long as MS gets their money...and we solve there problems for them... "with our money and time on top of that" This post will probably never see the light of day. If it doesn't hears to censorship! If it does, I have new respect for Microsoft and the person running this blog....

Sorry this didn't help.