Mass Effect 3 bringing co-op story missions in next dlc release?

Well by now everyone has heard of the next leaked Mass3 dlc "Reckoning" which not only brings the usual new characters and co-op maps but for the first time brings co-op story missions which is rumored you will be able to play as your beefed up Mass3 SP character in these co-op stories with buddies...if indeed this is true who has been waiting on this as long as i have? Your thoughts?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 14 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

[quote user="YellowJacket LE"]still not 100% sure if the new co-op modes are going to let you use your beefed up single player character or the Multi-player characters[/quote]My expectation is that it'll be the multi-player characters, as they are already set-up for the no-pause combat style and the differences in certain powers.

I'd hate to have my Shepard limited to just three abilities from the selection of seven that she has.

@DigitalAssassin...i have to agree i haven't been on in awhile but it's time to get back in the action..took some time off to rock some Christmas games i got but i miss my Phoenix Vanguard ex Cerberus character...still not 100% sure if the new co-op modes are going to let you use your beefed up single player character or the Multi-player characters but i def want to be ready.

[quote user="voteDC"]

I'll be honest this sounds like my worst fears for Mass Effect coming to life. With Mass Effect becoming a co-op shooter series similar to Gears of War.

-

With Mass Effect 4 being made by the multi-player team, it is as I said before. I expect that if true this DLC is going to be them testing the water to see what people think of the Mass Effect series dropping role playing and becoming full shooter.

[/quote]it really doesn't affect me in any way because after Dragon Age 2 and Mass Effect 3. Bioware are on my not going to buy from list.

This thread has got me back into this mode for the past week and I just want to say finally after all this time and N7 rank 1300 I have my fully upgraded GPS and all customization options for the Asari Vanguard. Only took a year, but very satisfied. Now just need some of my gear bonuses maxed, but they seem harder to get them characters now!

@Chompski Since you wanna re quote the same thing. SSX has micro transactions. Still has paid MP dlc. Battlefield 3 has that short cut dlc. Still has paid MP dlc.

-

From those two EA titles it seems micro transactions does NOT equal free MP dlc just because its there. Maybe a healthy chunk of the ME fan base is stupid enough to buy into that crap but I will happily benefit from it regardless. I hope a healthy chunk of the Dead Space fan base falls for it too.

[quote user="voteDC"]

[quote user="Burst Axe"]Bioware can't be milking to well if they keep releasing the MP dlc for free.[/quote]They do that because it has micro-transactions.

EA likely earn more money from that than if they charged for the DLC normally. There is one guy on the Mass Effect 3 board who has spent hundreds of dollars on the packs. And when there is one you can say for sure more will follow.

It's great if you have your head about you and just use the in-game credits you earn but don't kid yourself EA are doing this out of the goodness of their heart. The DLC wouldn't have continued to be 'free' unless they were making a profit from it.

[/quote]

And I can't stop thanking the impatient idiots who are gracious enough to keep giving me this free dlc. I'm enjoying every bit of it. Arigato gozaimasu.

[quote user="Burst Axe"]Bioware can't be milking to well if they keep releasing the MP dlc for free.[/quote]They do that because it has micro-transactions.

EA likely earn more money from that than if they charged for the DLC normally. There is one guy on the Mass Effect 3 board who has spent hundreds of dollars on the packs. And when there is one you can say for sure more will follow.

It's great if you have your head about you and just use the in-game credits you earn but don't kid yourself EA are doing this out of the goodness of their heart. The DLC wouldn't have continued to be 'free' unless they were making a profit from it.

Bioware can't be milking to well if they keep releasing the MP dlc for free.

[quote user="dragons claw69"]To add insult to injury the best endings to the game depend on your readiness, and that comes from the multiplayer portion[/quote]To their credit they fixed this with the Extended Cut DLC.

The EMS requirement for all the ending content was lowered. So you can now, providing you do everything the single player offers, get all the ending content without touching the multiplayer. Not much use for those without LIVE who can't get the Extended Cut though.

Also I've promoted so many multiplayer characters that I could go straight to the final battle and get the breath scene.