Mass Effect 2 "Ultimate" Edition release?

Any word on some sort of "Ultimate" or "Special" edition on Mass Effect 2? I rented it a while ago and would like to play all the DLC for the game, especially before ME3 comes out. Is there any word on the game being re-released with all the DLC included, similar to Dragon Age: Origins?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

There was some special not too long ago that cut all the DLC prices in half on Live, but that's all I know. Sorry. :(

Well... I guess it would be the GotY Edition in this case. It probably will come out, I just jope its before ME3.

I don't think there will be a GOTY/Ultimate Edition of Mass Effect 2 because, what Hybrid also said, there was a discount on the DLC for it. And nowadays you can pick up ME2 for a few dollars.

Discounts don't mean there will never be a GOTY, Fallout 3, Dragon Age, and Borderlands content has been on sale on and off in the past, both prior and after GOTY releases.

At this time there's been no confirmation on one, but who knows, it's always possible.

[quote user="Dexter010"]

I don't think there will be a GOTY/Ultimate Edition of Mass Effect 2 because, what Hybrid also said, there was a discount on the DLC for it. And nowadays you can pick up ME2 for a few dollars.

[/quote]You can only pump so much money out of the consumers who already have the game. A GotY Edition (from a marketing standpoint) is a perfect  way for them to make more money with minimal effort.

[quote user="isturbo1984"]

[quote user="Dexter010"]

[/quote]You can only pump so much money out of the consumers who already have the game. A GotY Edition (from a marketing standpoint) is a perfect  way for them to make more money with minimal effort.

[/quote]

Agreed. However I would prefers and hope it's disc based (Like Dragon Age, Fallout 3) rather than token based (Gears 2, Borderland). It just took up too much HDD space.

I wouldn't expect one at all to be honest.

The big selling point for the PS3 version is that it has all the DLC (minus Arrival) included, release a GOTY version with all the DLC for the 360 and you remove pretty much the only reason people have to purchase the version on Sony's console.

I really hope they make one  to get it instead of the DLC.

[quote user="Lord BaneJ"]

Agreed. However I would prefers and hope it's disc based (Like Dragon Age, Fallout 3) rather than token based (Gears 2, Borderland). It just took up too much HDD space.

[/quote]

The DLC comes on a second disk now with the Borderlands GOTY.
I will still wait for a ultimate edition/GOTY edition to come out...