mass effect 2 question

iv got a old saved game were iv completed the game but im downloading some dlc will i be able to complete the dlc in my old saved game or do i have to start a new game?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

As you as your character is alive at the end of the game, you will be able to play the DLC with the same save.

But I think if your character died, you won't be able to play the DLC with the existing game save.

^that is correct

You can do the DLC with any character by loading a save prior to going through the Omega4 relay. Or if Shepard survived the mission then you can do them with any save afterwards.

It might be better to be a save from before the Omega4 relay if any of your squad died on the mission, simply so you have a bigger selection to choose from.

Your old save game is fine, as long as Shephard lived through it, as has already been said.

Even if Shepard didn't live through the suicide mission, there is no reason he can't load up that character and pick a save from before going through the Omega4 Relay.

Just because Shepard dies at the end, doesn't mean all the previous saves are inaccessible.

I know, and never said it did. Obviously if he was dead, you would have to go pre SM. Just meant, if shep is alive, post campaign save is good.

It's just that most of the posts in the thread seem to be saying that if Shepard dies then that character can't be used at all and that simply isn't the case.

Perhaps I just read them wrongly however.

I just tend no play none story dlc with my post campaign save. I take your point though.

The only DLC I play after the suicide mission is Arrival as to me it fits better into the story at that point, plus I prefer the hologram at the end that way.

Of course I do refuse to play the Firewalker Pack, as I find it a horrible waste of time.

Arrival and LOtSB I play post campaign.  Overlord & Kasumi I usually play during the main story.  I usually pick up the hammerhead, just so its in the SR2 cargo bay, lol.