Mass Effect 2: Genesis now available on marketplace

Meh... I so miss the old forums. This topic would have already been made and open for discussion... ANYWHO

New DLC for ME2 came out this morning. It's not really new though, for 320 msp ($4), you two can now have the digital comic back-story to decide major key decisions from ME1 if you had not or just don't want to go back and play it to customize your experience.

Discuss, opinions, ect?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 29 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Honestly, That surprises me that we got that. I might get it and I might not. I may for some of my other story arcs.

Well Bioware had already stated a bout a month or so after news broke of the PS3 version that the digital comic would be available for download on the Xbox 360. Just didn't know they'd wait so late to do it. Honestly though, I'd just suggest 360 owners to just buy and play ME1 like I always have... but you know gamers these days.... lazy, want easy buttons for their games, that sorta thing.

I've purchased all DLC for both games up until this point, but I'll probably pass on this one.  I'm currently doing a 'Hardcore' playthrough on ME1 and will do atleast one more on 'Insanity'.  I plan for another run on ME2 before ME3 comes out and will fashion the "perfect" saved game from there.  If I happen to have some spare MS points kicking around before the release of the finale, I may buy it out of curiosity.

This will be the first piece of ME dlc that I have no interest in purchasing. So a walkthrough of it and it is awful imo.

I've bought every single piece of DLC for Mass Effect so far. I will not be buying this. I'll be honest, this is really good for those that never played Mass Effect 1 and never intend to. This way they can kind of gear ME2 in different directions. What really bothers me though is the fact it costs money. This shouldn't cost anything. Basically, you have to pay $4 to unlock other features of the game. It is almost like EA's instant unlock purchases when you spend a couple bucks and don't have to level up. Really stupid. PS3 people got a lot more luxury's for full price. But we have spent even more. No reason they should charge for this.

The PS3 crowd maybe got more value out of the ME2 game, but you get what you pay for.  PS3 gamers always brag about the free online gameplay, while we have to pay for membership.  I haven't heard any of them bragging lately though and for obvious reasons.  The extra value they got for ME2 was to make up for the fact that they CAN'T play ME1 on their consoles, I'd say that we got a far better deal than they did...:-)

[edit 2] where did this thread go? cant seem to find it on the forum page anymore, had to reload the topic from browser history

bought Genesis sight unseen, not being forced to replay ME1 will be a blessing: bought the Games on Demand ME1, beat it once and only boot it up once in a while to pretend like completing Obama Shepard is really gonna happen one day

now, has anyone figured out how to start Genesis? its listed as an add-on, not an xbla game so it doesnt load from the dash. gonna try starting a new playthru and see what happens

[edit]

so Genesis does launch after a highly modified ME2 intro. the opening dialogue [probably the same as the PS3 version] is vague and doesnt mention any specific details. 

liara also showed up on the normandy with Obama Shepard instead of ashley, thats very new: bought ME1 just to romance her again

Exactly what choices does it allow you to choose from ME1? Does it leave anything out or does it include all things that are used in a save import? I really hope it does the latter because I want to have a nice complete playthrough set up but it's quite hard to play ME1 over again after ME2. I already beat ME1 1-3 times and the last was because ME2 wouldn't take my first character save for some reason so I rushed another playthrough quickly so I could jump into ME2 asap.

It does alot of the major decisions but feros is not even mentioned. If you going for a perfect playthrought you have to do me1.

[quote user="II The Bouk ll"] Exactly what choices does it allow you to choose from ME1? Does it leave anything out or does it include all things that are used in a save import? I really hope it does the latter because I want to have a nice complete playthrough set up but it's quite hard to play ME1 over again after ME2.[quote]

Genesis covers the big decisions: choosing a love interest, the rachnii queen, both choices on virmire, saving the council and choosing a council member. side missions, dlc and a lot of the story from Mass Effect are omitted

mightve forgotten one in there but what really mattered is there [personal opinion]. could care less what happens to fisk and verner, lil things like tali's memento and the ppl on Zhu's hope are forgettable and dont affect the canon at all