Marketplace Fable (Original XBOX) doesn't boot due to an error

Hello

I'm having a rough time trying to put Fable to run on my XBOX 360 Slim.

I downloaded the game via XBOX Live for 800 Microsoft points (it was the Deal of the Week then). When i tried to play it, it goes to a black screen for about 2 seconds and then returns to the XBOX Menu Dashboard showing the following message:

"Game error

The game couldn't start. Try downloading the game again.

For more help, visit www.xbox.com/support"

So i downloaded it again and tried it - same error

I erased completely the game data and cleared the system cache for all disks (1st party HDD 250 GB in which i had the game installed, XBOX360 Internal memory 4GB). I download the game again - same error

I tried to download it again and put it in the internal memory - same error

Altough i am always connected to XBOX Live and, by so, the console performs constant updates, I tried the method of removing system by pressing Left Bumper, Right Bumper, X, Left Bumper, Right Bumper, X > Yes in the System Settings > Memory >. I tried to run the game after that - same error

After re-updating the console - same error

I tried re-formatting my HDD and run it again - same error

Nothing seemed to work, so I called Xbox Support Team, from where I live (Portugal), and they asked me to try all these steps, but because that didn't work, they refunded my account and asked to me to try buying it again.

Altough my account has been refunded with the 800 MP earlier spent in Fable, when I go to the game page, in the Marketplace, it only gives me the option to download it again, and not to buy the game, as it was intended... And so, I'm back to square one :(

Does anyone have any idea how to put the game to work? Have you experienced any similar problem with a game downloaded from the Xbox Marketplace?

Because i've downloaded others before and after this one, with no problems.

Please, i'm running out of ideas here.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

Where did you get your hard drive from?  Unless the hard drive is an official Microsoft Hard Drive the original games will not work.

If you purchased your hard drive online it is very possible that it is not official.  

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I'm going to assume here that you purchased your XBOX 360 Hard Drive from a 3rd party online source such as eBay or Amazon Marketplace. Please make sure that it is an original XBOX 360 hard drive as 3rd party hard drives lack the ability to play original XBOX 360 games due to them not having the hidden emulation portion of the hard drive. If that's the case and you do have a 3rd party drive, please return this drive and get an official hard drive. If you live in the United States these drives cost anywhere from ~$80 -> ~$135. The cheapest one I could find while doing a quick search was via Costco.com for an official XBOX 360 S 250GB HDD.

Sorry this didn't help.

I'm having exactly the same problem but I have an official 250 gb HHD

Sorry this didn't help.

Greetings, Skechy. Very sorry to hear you're having trouble playing games on your Xbox 360 console - We'll get to the bottom of this! Can you do me a favor and create a new thread detailing your exact problem? I'd be very appreciative if you could include information like the specific titles you are trying to play, the error codes you are seeing, and all the troubleshooting steps you have taken thus far. Thanks! This thread is now locked.

Sorry this didn't help.