- (Silver) Armor increased from 11250 to 12940
- (Silver) Shields increased from 11250 to 12940
- (Gold) Armor increased from 16875 to 21094
- (Gold) Shields increased from 16875 to 21094

http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/343/index/9544143/1#9660503

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Thanks for the info

They NEED to decrease the weight of the phaeston and geth rifle. Those weapons do FAR too little damage for the weight they have. I always select the avenger over the both of them. It seems that every rifle expect the vindictus and avenger weights a lot.

Those all seem like pretty legit changes. Assault rifles were not doing enough damage, especially on higher difficulties, so I stopped using them long ago. The atlas was too easy. It makes sense to me.

[quote user="Bon3zz1001"]Falcon Assault Rifle

- Increased refire time on the Falcon to 0.65 seconds
- Decreased rate of fire from 125 to 50
- Decreased max spare ammo from [24-34] to [18-28]

[/quote]Personally speaking, and I don't know if anyone else agrees, but in my own experience with it I find the Falcon AR to be one of the most underwhelming AR at your disposal. Increasing the refire time, decreasing the ROF, and decreasing the max spare ammo only makes it worse to me.

The damage output I would expect from an AR that shoots grenades, albeit miniature grenades, is non-existent even on Bronze. Sure it'll still get kills regardless and has knockback power as it can stagger a Phantom for example, but I just would assume something that shoots explosive rounds so to speak to have a little more oomphf (sp?) if you want to put it that way.

Damage increases for that and a number of other assault rifles not listed is something that's needed imo. And this is coming from someone who normally plays Adept or Infiltrator where my pistol and sniper rifle are obviously my main go to weapons, hardly if ever carry an AR unless I use a Soldier of course or an Engineer.

[quote user="CrypticZer0"]

[quote user="Bon3zz1001"]Falcon Assault Rifle

- Increased refire time on the Falcon to 0.65 seconds
- Decreased rate of fire from 125 to 50
- Decreased max spare ammo from [24-34] to [18-28]

[/quote]Personally speaking, and I don't know if anyone else agrees, but in my own experience with it I find the Falcon AR to be one of the most underwhelming AR at your disposal. Increasing the refire time, decreasing the ROF, and decreasing the max spare ammo only makes it worse to me.

The damage output I would expect from an AR that shoots grenades, albeit miniature grenades, is non-existent even on Bronze. Sure it'll still get kills regardless and has knockback power as it can stagger a Phantom for example, but I just would assume something that shoots explosive rounds so to speak to have a little more oomphf (sp?) if you want to put it that way.

Damage increases for that and a number of other assault rifles not listed is something that's needed imo. And this is coming from someone who normally plays Adept or Infiltrator where my pistol and sniper rifle are obviously my main go to weapons, hardly if ever carry an AR unless I use a Soldier of course or an Engineer.

[/quote]

I agree.

I didnt even know these updates were taking place but INSTANTLY knew something was wrong with the Falcon as soon as I used it yesterday. Now that gun is totally worthless.  I am guessing someone in the community cried because people were stealing their kills with it, so they nerfed the gun. Just sad.  One of the few and only assult rifles I enjoyed.  And even before the update it took quite a few shots to kill something.  First time I used it yesterday I had 75 assist.  Thats how weak that gun is now.  Just rediculous. 

I agree with Dre, they too weigh way too much for that little of damage but oh well I stick to the Avenger.

I can't imagine why the nerfed the Falcon, the one time I used it I regretted it.

[quote user="Tatakai no Kami"]

I can't imagine why the nerfed the Falcon, the one time I used it I regretted it.

[/quote]The amusing part is nobody was complaining about it being "overpowered" at all and the only thing that needed fixed with the gun was the fact that if you fired it too fast the grenades wouldn't come out of the gun. So instead of fixing the problem they just nerf the gun into the ground. Then again, Bioware doesn't understand the word "balance". SWTOR is a pretty good example of that. 

I only use the Revenant (as a Krogan or Turian) or Geth Pulse Rifle (any other race)

The kickback's a *** but I used the Rev for a lot of the single player campaign and kind of got the hang of it