Map Voting?

Where are you on it?

Yes, it's nice not having to play the 'bad' maps.  However you start playing a lot of the same over and over again without seeing much of the others which gets tiresome .  There are some maps you rarely see.  Unless it picks it after a tie.

Some of the unpopular maps are the most interesting IMO.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 9 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

[quote user="Elite Rampant"]

Where are you on it?

Yes, it's nice not having to play the 'bad' maps.  However you start playing a lot of the same over and over again without seeing much of the others which gets tiresome .  There are some maps you rarely see.  Unless it picks it after a tie.

[/quote]This same thing happen to me playing Halo, I kind of got sick of it...

Yeah, throughout all the online gaming I've done over the years, that has always been something that kind of sucks.

You're right... it is kind of nice to skip some of the 'bad' maps once in a while. But in doing so, you often skip maps that are often lots of fun to play. A common example that comes to mind is in Call of Duty: Black Ops (whether you like the game or not... that's not the point).

Some maps don't get much gameplay from what I can tell (ie. NukeTown and Firing Range). This is worsened by the addition of DLC mappacks, making the appearance of these maps few and far between. And whenever they actually ARE an option, they almost always get the votes. Hell, several entire weekends have had dedications to games JUST on Nuketown...

Now, even the better/more interesting maps can get dull if overplayed... So I like that other maps do come into the rotation. It would just be nice if ALL the maps were spread out a bit more evenly.

I like being able to pick what maps I wan to play.

What is with all these simple topics lately?

Previously known as Win7Xbox 360

You don't always get to pick the map you want to play.  If a map you want to play isn't popular you will rarely play it.  Even if you vote for it.

It would be nice if it was just random every now and then.  Any games that are just random these days or is it all voting?

Not what I meant exactly. I mean I want to pick what map to play without using a voting system. For example if I want to play gridlock I search for dedicated lobbiesthat are playing that one map. It is better than relying on a vote system in my opnion.

Previously known as Win7Xbox 360

[quote user="LOL AT UR SKILL"]

I like being able to pick what maps I wan to play.

What is with all these simple topics lately?

[/quote]

Keeping the forums alive no matter the cost!

I like the vote option but I think only the top three players on each side should get to vote for the next map.

It would be nice if it was in most games.    Must slow down searches though for a specific mode, then map.  Unless maybe  the game is massively populated like CoD.

I like the veto option much better. Hemorrhage hemorrhage hemorrhage.

[quote user="Elite Rampant"]

Where are you on it?

[/quote]

I think your exactly right as in the unpopular maps are the most interesting.

That is because people dont play them as much and everyone is sort of on an even keel. Ill admit theres some maps on the CoD games where they are stuck in my mind. I know all the vantage spots, rabbit runs etc. Ill put my hands up, theres maps i cant stand, but i think to be a better player overall, you have to play them imo.

I hate the voting system also, because of it halo 3 is down to like 4 maps you will actually play. The others never even come into rotation.