map passes

I bought Halo 4 last year and Im new to gaming so bear with me? I am at a stage of the game where when I'm online ....it says I have to purchase Map Passes.....my question is .....do I need the War Games Map Pass that inc. all three.."Crimson,Majestic, &Castle Maps.....LMAO ....I am on Maps that I do not know their names ! So, do I need all 3 ? I do NOT have the special edition Halo 4 game.....ANYONE HELP OH YA, B.T.W....IT SAYS IF I OWN THESE THEN DONT PURCHASE FROM X BOX MARKETPLACE OR I WILL BE CHARGED TWICE ????W.T.F. ? AND WHERE "DO" I PURCHASE IT........WELL AS U SEE IM REEEEEALY CONFUSED....PLEASE CLARIFY ANYTHING YOU CAN FOR ME ?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

You should be able to buy War Games pass on dashboard marketplace or a game shop. You don't have to buy them yet. But eventually several months later they may force people upon it to play online. the War Games pass is payment ahead. You buy all the maps at once but won't have to purchase again if you download it from the Halo 4 menu selection marketplace. It means don't buy the maps from the main marketplace or you will have to pay again.

I highly doubt they will force people to buy the maps later on.

Bungie did for Halo 3 lol.

^...?

wut? really? o.O

I'm not joking around >__> This was after Halo 3 ODST.

You aren't forced to purchase any Map Packs for Halo 3. You never were. Granted, your selection of playlists were slim, but you were still never forced to buy any Map Packs to play Halo 3 Matchmaking. Even today, there are playlists you can play without having to purchase a single paid Map Pack. Although, Heroic and Cold Storage are free. Still, no payment.

Very sure you were. Met a lot of people who came back to Halo 3. Unable to play the competitive playlist before without the map packs when Bungie was still running it.

I checked the playlists earlier and there are playlists that don't require paid Map Packs, like Lone Wolves and Social Slayer, and they haven't been updated since a few months before Halo: Reach's launch.

So they don't force you but they strongly recommend it pretty much?