Map-packs for new console

My boy bought me a second used Halo-reach Xbox for my man cave for fathers day. It runs great and we have transferred gamer tags over for game play.

I ended up being able to re-download the Map-packs for Halo, on the new xbox, with my main account tag, however when we use the other tags it says we don't have the proper maps to play. We have a family account with one main tag and three others.

I assumed that because the maps were downloaded on the main tag to the Xbox that all tags could use the maps? Instead is shows that we have to pay for downloading maps with each gamer tag.

Thanks for any help you can give me... consol

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

Sorry, I also re-downloaded Skyrim to the new console so me and my wife can play at the same time. Is that possible? If we used cloud could we continue with our game data on each console?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

HALO Map pack - Did you perform the licsense transfer to the new xbox?

Skyrim - Are you playing from a disc or an installed game?

Sorry this didn't help.

When you purchase content it is tied to the gamertag that purchased it as well as the console it was purchased on. So all of the profiles can use the content on your original console, but only your gamertag can access the content on your new console as long as you are signed into Live.

If your family is planning on using the new console more, then you could do a license transfer which would move the console license to the new console and all the profiles could use the content there (but your profile would be the only one that could access the content on the old console).

Sorry this didn't help.

Did not do a license transfer as the old Xbox is the main xbox for gaming and movies. Skyrim was downloaded from the marketplace.

Soooo, for the map packs I would have to buy them for each of the (sub) gamer tags on the new one... Bummer.

I can play syrim on the main gamertag on the new console but not with any of the other ones....

Sorry this didn't help.