Map Pack Question

So I just bought a pre-owned copy of Bad Company 2 and I've been reading about the VIP code for maps. This has me thinking, will I not get all the maps/game types straight out of the case or will I have to purchase maps in order to play online? What will I get as soon as I put in and do I have to pay extra for different maps or game types?

Sorry if this question has already been asked before in the past, thanks.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

[quote user="ZP Poth"]

So I just bought a pre-owned copy of Bad Company 2 and I've been reading about the VIP code for maps. This has me thinking, will I not get all the maps/game types straight out of the case or will I have to purchase maps in order to play online? What will I get as soon as I put in and do I have to pay extra for different maps or game types?

Sorry if this question has already been asked before in the past, thanks.

[/quote]

If you buy the game new, it comes with a code for all of the 7 VIP map packs, and any future VIP packs. However, Onslaught and Vietnam can only be purchased through MS Points.

If you bought it used, you have to buy a VIP Pass from Xbox Live Marketplace to gain free access to the VIP maps.

Since the majority of the players online have the VIP packs, you'll only be able to play with players who don't have them, which are very few btw.

It would have been better to buy it new, since paying for the VIP Pass makes the price between a new and used game pretty much equal. Also, I've seen the Ultimate Edition (which includes Onslaught and BF1943) go for about $35 new.

buy the VIP, learn a lesson, never buy used EA games with MP. and welcome to the BattleField.

Buy some NAM too.

I see you're playing engineer for starters. I'm not sure if you're a BF rookie or not. But if you are just starting out on BF watch this. Then head over here. Most of all, don't snipe, lol....No. seriously.

Thanks guys. Turns out I have enough on my account to buy the VIP code and since I didn't have my eye on anything else it's all worked out okay in the end.

Be sure to save up for the Vietnam DLC. Great deal and well worth it imo.

Play the game with pals. If none of your friends have the game, make them buy it!  It makes quite a big difference when you are chatting in a full squad

Yeah get NAM!!!!!!