Male Shepard can now have samesex relationships

As confirmed on Joystiq and GamesRadar, apparently the mass outcry on the BSN has succeeded. Male Shepard can now have samesex relationships. Although if you consider a single gender race Asari and femshep samesex, whatever. Personally I don't like this, but only because I try to explore all dialogue. If by chance I accidently start into a romance quest with Garrus, then the dialogue starts getting weird before I realize it, I'm going to be pissed. Cause then, it's just gonna be awkward.

If you want proof, search the sites for it yourself, the link is broken because it includes the word g - a - y and the forums won't even allow it in a link if you hide the url.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I'd put samesex with Garrus in a category of its own, chicken wingding maybe?

Options are nice to have.  This is great news.  I just hope they don't chicken out and cut this and any other potentially controversial OPTIONAL content just because somebody can't handle another gamer enjoying it. 

I'll let your Shepard be what he wants to be.  You let mine be what she wants to be.

I don't want it. For the love god don't make every bi like in dragon age 2 or make someone that seems competely striaght then become *** for no apparent reason. Becuase if you were a male in dragon age 2. All the male squad mates will hit on you and it was extremely annoying. In other words don't pull off another Anders

I've never played the Dragon Age games, but hear people dumping on the sequel all of the time, is this the reason why?  I mean, would your opinion of the game improve if that element were to be removed?

[quote user="The Lord of War"]

I don't want it. For the love god don't make every bi like in dragon age 2 or make someone that seems competely striaght then become *** for no apparent reason. Becuase if you were a male in dragon age 2. All the male squad mates will hit on you and it was extremely annoying. In other words don't pull off another Anders

[/quote]

Yea, I agree.  DA2 was fun, then i helped Anders.  Basically, the conversation went "Thanks for your help Hawke. Do you like me?"  the options were yes and no, I picked no, Hawke said "That's a stupid idea. Don't think that. You're stupid."  Kinda ruined the immersion just because of how much of an a hole I HAD to be.

I don't know how to feel bout this.  There's nothing wrong with it, I just hope it doesn't affect me like DA2s did.  I guess i hope they don't f it up

[quote user="Arkham99"]

I've never played the Dragon Age games, but hear people dumping on the sequel all of the time, is this the reason why?  I mean, would your opinion of the game improve if that element were to be removed?

[/quote]

The problem with DA2 is the weak storyline.  The first time thru, 90% of the time, I had no idea what my overall main goal was.  There were more problems, but that one was the main one imo

Because it did a complete 180* degree turn in story, game play, and dialogue?  

I have explanied why countless times in other threads.

It should have been in Mass Effect 2 - it's a bit weird to put it in now when you've already got your relationships sorted out.

Shep: Hi Garrus

Garrus: Hi Shepherd... you know how we've been good friends during our past two adventures?

Shep: It's been great to have you on the team Garrus. I am thinking of proposing to Liara once this is all over and I want you to be my best-man.

Garrus: Oh... Oh... Sure! Why not. I just, was reading about male on male intercourse and it's been very interesting...

Shep: Oh...

Garrus: It's okay forget I said anything

Shep: No Garrus I want you too *tongue kiss*

Roll over and take it like a Krogan!

[quote user="Hellhog"]

As confirmed on Joystiq and GamesRadar, apparently the mass outcry on the BSN has succeeded. Male Shepard can now have samesex relationships. Although if you consider a single gender race Asari and femshep samesex, whatever. Personally I don't like this, but only because I try to explore all dialogue. If by chance I accidently start into a romance quest with Garrus, then the dialogue starts getting weird before I realize it, I'm going to be pissed. Cause then, it's just gonna be awkward.

If you want proof, search the sites for it yourself, the link is broken because it includes the word g - a - y and the forums won't even allow it in a link if you hide the url.

[/quote]Hey just another reason to think this is forum is an improvement! Oh wait, what am I saying.

I attempted to post the same link, or at least it was from Shacknews anyhow, but yep couldn't because of the retarded text filter that I had zero problem with posting links on the old forum that included much worse words.

Hell, I've seen signatures on here that include images that are not only annoying to look at because they are obnoxiously huge, but also are far worse than the use of the words g ay and l esbian on a hyperlink, but because Microsoft likes to flip flop, those images in signatures are allowed at this point, but not in the near future and only for Moderators/Admins. Awesome!

As for the news, it doesn't bother me one bit and certainly is of no surprise. Asari may be a one gender race, but again, we had female-female intimate interaction and relationships in ME 1 and ME 2, so why would male-male or male-alien male be any different?

I said in another thread on the ME 2 board that I won't pursue the g ay relationships, but I won't hate on the option that other people might like to.

It's nice to have the option.

I don't see why people are putting up a fuss about it.  People are saying it'll mess up the canon, but if you've played the first two games these new relationships should be easy enough to avoid.  I think it's good they've added it, and it probably there for new players or any who might like to switch things up.