Making the switch

Coming over from COD.  I may still pick up MW3 at some point.  I never expexted BF3 to play as smoothly as the COD franchise. I mean the movements and such.  I used to watch my buddy play BF on his PC and it just always looked like the movements of the people were not as smooth as Halo or COD but the gameplay looked like a blast with all of the vehicles, objectives and roles.   When I picked up the beta, I was actually pretty surprised.  I thought it played well for a beta and the controls/movement are more than acceptable.  I can not wait to get the vehicles and large maps.  

Just thought I would put my thoughts out there.  I am looking forward to a good change of pace..  CAn't wait for the vehicles.

PS.  Does anyone know if you can blow up bridges?  I have always wanted to blow up a bridge and make it impassible.  :)

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Yes you can blow up a bridge.

Previously known as Win7Xbox 360

You were able to blow up bridges in BF2.  Especially in Vietnam.  I saw that alot when I was playing.  BF3 is gonna be sick I think.  Being a fan of both games, I'm definitely more into BF now.  COD is fun but I think battlefield is more realistic.  I lost alot of interest in COD after Black Ops hit.  Seemed to arcade-ish for me.  But thats just me.

Its gonna be a long 2 weeks.....

There was a few maps in Bad Company 2 where you could distroy a bridge to stop tanks etc from crossing, there will be a few maps in BF3 where bridges can be distoryed, I'm sure. Welcome to Battlefield.

[quote user="prtp3warrior"]

Coming over from COD.  I may still pick up MW3 at some point.  I never expexted BF3 to play as smoothly as the COD franchise. I mean the movements and such.  I used to watch my buddy play BF on his PC and it just always looked like the movements of the people were not as smooth as Halo or COD but the gameplay looked like a blast with all of the vehicles, objectives and roles.   When I picked up the beta, I was actually pretty surprised.  I thought it played well for a beta and the controls/movement are more than acceptable.  I can not wait to get the vehicles and large maps.  

Just thought I would put my thoughts out there.  I am looking forward to a good change of pace..  CAn't wait for the vehicles.

PS.  Does anyone know if you can blow up bridges?  I have always wanted to blow up a bridge and make it impassible.  :)

[/quote]

Probably one of the few good things about the beta were the tighter controls and movements compared to the past two titles. Everything just felt smoother imo, especially the movement when aiming down the sights.

Its a thrill to put c4 below a bridge, wait till a tank want to cross over and BOOM!!!! always made me laugh :D

I will blow up all the bridges.  I want to become a bridge demolishing expert. haha

I really have enjoyed the community in BF better so far.  I was a lone wolf type in COD but that is what that game really lent itself too.  I always preferred a game based on teamwork so I am pretty excited about BF3.

One of many to come?

I also play both franchises. I prefer BF, but COD is a different type of fun. Sure I'll end up with MW3 at some point but I think DICE/EA set the bar with BF3. Forget the beta....I want release version.

[quote user="Dusty Arne"]

Its a thrill to put c4 below a bridge, wait till a tank want to cross over and BOOM!!!! always made me laugh :D

[/quote]

Loved doing that in BC 1.  Was funny to see a tank crossing a bridge, then seeing it fall and kill 4 people.  As to the OP, welcome to the Battlefield.  Hope you enjoy it, BF 3 should be amazing, just dont try and play it like its COD, and you should have no problems staying alive, and doing well.

I love doing this on the third base on laguna presa rush :)  btw welcome to the darkside op, i too was once a cod fan and now I have seen the light because of battlefield...I know I contradicted myself :p