Make A Stand!

Loved the previous BF games, but I honestly feel gamers need to make a stand with this online code stuff. EA is going to keep doing this and it will spread to other companies like wildfire as they want to increase their corporate profits.Adding additional charges for online play plus the 60$ you pay initialy for the game besides what you pay for XBOX Live is bogus. Buy the game and every other company will start enacting "online codes" increasing the costs for everyone and kicking out some gamers who can't afford it.In the long run  games that you buy and don't like will have lower resale value and higher costs for you. We already pay for Xbox Live and now they want to add additional charges, when will it end. Was going to buy this games for myself and my GF's kid but then I would have to pay  additional charges for us to play online? Not going to do it will stick to GOW3 and wait for MW3.  Just my thoughts know I will get flamed for it but I think that EA is going to set a precedent that all the companies will follow. Do you really want to pay an additional charge for each game you want to play online?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

What are you on about?

I'm with you.  I will not be purchasing this game.  If dice wants to release a demo like the one they did and expect me to pay full price to see if they fixed the game for release they are nuts.

[quote user="Xo Dark Wolf oX"]

What are you on about?

[/quote]Does that even make sense?

What exactly is your complaint regarding, you don't like paying xbox live?

No, my complaint is that for this game, you and me will have to pay an additional charge for anyone else to play on the same xbox live account. If yo come over my house you can't play on m xbox  online unless you pay an additional cost. There are 3 or 4 people I play with online at my house and for them to play this game they have to purchase a code.

The online codes are only an issue if you want to buy the game pre-owned, the online pass comes free with any game bought new.

[quote user="x5rank Da Tankx"]

No, my complaint is that for this game, you and me will have to pay an additional charge for anyone else to play on the same xbox live account. If yo come over my house you can't play on m xbox  online unless you pay an additional cost. There are 3 or 4 people I play with online at my house and for them to play this game they have to purchase a code.

[/quote] This, or lets say I go and rent the game only to find the servers are down like dice release week tradition, I have just used my free week trial.  Now I can't even preview the game online without paying 10$.  That's bad business.

So if I buy it for my nephews they can  both use the game online? Without purchasing an additional online code. Asking this not to be sarcastic, but really want to know. Three or 4 people using the same xbox , don't have to purchase a new code?

Don't they do a family package now for this exact thing, also is MW3 going to be just the same problem, blops you could have a guest but don't think MW3 has that option.

The code is link to gamer tag I believe.  So if you have a sibling who wants to play under their tag they would have to purchase the $10 code because the 1st gamer tag used the one that came with game.  I am not sure if it attaches to the console or the gamer tag.  But if gamer tag then I would use the code and my son couldn't play under his tag unless we purchase an additional code.  I think that is the OP complaint.