Mainstream Media View

Hello all,

Was just blogging on whether the mainstream view of gaming is poor.  Wondering what the view of you the gamers is.

Thanks

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

confused... the media thinks games make people violent ( proven to not be true) and that people waste time all day playing games ( may or may not be true)

-

as a gamer i think they are both false, games were the best $ for $ entertainment last gen, and are pretty good this gen sometimes.

-

spent $400 for entertainment for 2 years of entertainment last gen that is pretty good. this gen its worse but still buying a new game every other month is cheaper then going to the movies once a week.

Yes because they link violent video games as a reason for people acting crazy. Also yes because they use it as a reason people are obese. As we all know, those reason are not true.

That's right, I'm obese because of all the games not the food (only joking, not obese really but it's funny they blame games and not lazy people eating too much).

It's ok.  They'll find something else to blame soon.   it used to be literature, then tv, then music, now games.   The internet is next in line I think.

Feels like it has been games for a long time now.

[quote user="Sc4recrow"]

Hello all,

Was just blogging on whether the mainstream view of gaming is poor.  Wondering what the view of you the gamers is.

Thanks

[/quote]What is your view before I offer mine.

My Blog is linked in my signature.  I think it's worryingly negative or simply second rate reporting that the movie, music, book or theatre industry wouldn't put up with.

I don't know why the games industry don't put more pressure on mainstream publications to improve if they really want to improve the profile of gaming more widely.

Interesting stuff from industy legend Ian Livingstone here

Doubtlessly less interesting stuff from me here

[quote user="Sc4recrow"]Was just blogging on whether the mainstream view of gaming is poor.  Wondering what the view of you the gamers is.[/quote]

I don't see anything wrong with gaming, unless it prevents someone from generally living their life (i.e. education, work, relationships, etc.). Same goes for all forms of entertainment and hobbies. But, everyone should play games as much as possible, whenever possible, and however possible. Praise MS.

I keep away from the mainstream media and music, they both stink, especially the music!

[quote user="US Revenge"]

confused... the media thinks games make people violent ( proven to not be true) and that people waste time all day playing games ( may or may not be true)

- People who're not a part of this.. Uhh.. "Culture" just don't get it. They're just outsiders looking in. Where they see the waste of a day, people like you and I see it all very differently. It's like when I see NASCAR or any sporting event. I get that people go to these events for enjoyment but, because I'm not a part that culture, I don't get it. In order to "get it" I think I would need to be a part of that culture. To do that, I would have to participate in it. Since I'm not willing to participate in any of it, my view of those things will (probably) never change. My opinions will just stay the same.[/quote]

[quote user="NoxiousFarts"]

Yes because they link violent video games as a reason for people acting crazy. Also yes because they use it as a reason people are obese. As we all know, those reason are not true.

I don't weigh 750lbs because of videogames. I weigh 750lbs because I like to dip handfuls of waffles into large bowls of maple syrup.. [/quote]