Mahjong Not Connecting To XBOX While Other Games Do

I am having a very annoying issue in which I cannot get Mahjong to connect to my XBOX LIVE profile. I am on Windows 8.1. THIS is the message I get.

"A connection to XBOX could not be established. Please check your internet connection and try again."

Any idea what is causing this? Other XBOX Windows games, like TapTiles, work fine. So does one of my Games For Windows Marketplace games, Microsoft Flight.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

Hi Labatryth,

This error usually means that the connection needs to be refreshed.  To do so, choose Restart from the Shutdown menu and this should clear things up.  Let us know if you're able to get back into the game.

Thanks,

Thank you so much for your reply, but I have done that. I have even turned off my wireless adapter and turned it back on. I don't know what to do at this point.

If this is the only game where it is an issue, try installing a fresh version of the game.  To do this, do the following:

1. Uninstall Mahjong by right-clicking (or holding down) on the tile and choosing Uninstall from the bottom menu

2. Press the windows key & r.  A box will pop up. Type wsreset.exe and enter

3. The store will come up. Search for Mahjong and reinstall.

Let us know if you're still having issues! :)