Magic 2014 multiplayer update

I just now bought gold and am playing Magic the Gathering 2014 multiplayer for the first time. But it says I need a free update to play multiplayer. When I click the install the update, it takes me to a 5 dollar expansion which I cannot currently purchase. Is this only temporary or should I be concerned.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 133 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

It's just a compatibility update, so that you can play with other gamers who have purchased the paid expansion. You should be able to manually search for the game in the Game Marketplace and locate the free update under the Extras tab for Magic 2014.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I realize that, but I can't find this compatability update in the game marketplace. I was able to with Magic 2013, but all the DLC had already come out for that game when I started playing it.

Sorry this didn't help.

Alot of people not buying the dlc are having this problem

Sorry this didn't help.

i bought the dlc and it says i can not play two headed giant with other players why do not know how to fix tried lots of thing please help

Sorry this didn't help.

I am also unable to play with others. At first when i didn't have the expansion yesterday i couldn't even click on multiplayer. But then i bought the expansion and i can join games but no one can start them. If i host it tells me i can't play with... and then lists the other members of the game. And when someone else hosts it says they can't play with me.  I got 2013 for free off gold and there was a similar problem where i had to reinstall everything before starting the game so i did that and it didn't fix it.

Sorry this didn't help.

Okay, so after spending all day yesterday and part of today testing and redownloading i have it working. Here's how i did it. Delete the expansions (they now have 2 that look exactly the same, i think one is free and one is pay for, i bought the pay) and if you have it, the save game and title update. I left the original 900+mb file. Cleared my system cache for all devices. Restarted xbox. cleared cache again. On the dashboard the expansions look exactly the same, but if you click on one you'll see a slightly different picture. I downloaded the one with a more knightly templar looking female, NOT the more priestly hooded female. I think its a conflict issue. Finished downloading, cleared the cache again. started the game. It asked if i wanted to update, i said no at first but it makes you if you try to log back into xbox live. Then hopped right into a game.  

Sorry this didn't help.

Okay, so still not fixed. I have troubleshot it down to the title update. a little 6mb file. I have to go in, delete it. Clear cache, restart xbox and it force reinstalls it on the opening magic screen, and then its good for ONE game, as soon as i leave the game it goes back to "unable to play with....at this time" So i also got a message from Mister Cerb, This isn't my main account. it just logs me into this one because i have it associated with my hotmail account and i didn't feel like relogging in, i guess i'll switch over and post since you must be checking my account status.

Sorry this didn't help.

Okay, this is my main account Mister Cerb.

Sorry this didn't help.

Okay, so i don't think it was that deleting and cache clearing that was working. i think i was just getting lucky and finding someone else with a similar problem. i have identified 2 people that it doesn't list in the people i can't play with when i hit start. RafaelTaboo and SearingOregon83. I spoke with Searing and he has the same problem, unable to join any games. Hope this bit of info helps.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there Jeebis,

Sorry to hear you're still having issues playing with some of your friends.

I would recommend that you double check and make sure you have these 4 things downloaded:

• Deck Pack 1 (free or paid)
  • Deck Pack 2 (free or paid)
  • Deck Pack 3 (free or paid)
  • Magic 2013 Multiplayer

It sounds like you have some of the expansions but not all. The paid version of the expansions give you the cards for that expansion while the free ones allow you to play with people who have those cards.

Please let us know in your original thread so that we don't commandeer this one and get everyone the individual support they deserve. 

Sorry this didn't help.